• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
VicViper_Mk2 wrote:
For example, Takehito Koyasu voiced Muu La Flaga in Gundam Seed, yet he used the same voice for Keough in Ragnarok the animation.

He's got nearly 550 roles under his belt - it's not unreasonable that he'd have a few (or a lot!) that sound the same. Smile

I think the answer to your question is a little of both. There are roles in which they sound more like their normal speaking voice, and others which require something out of the ordinary. If they're just starting out, they may not have the skills yet for vastly different voices, and if they've been around a long time, there's bound to be many roles that sound alike. And then there are a few like Norio Wakamoto, who are hired for their iconic sound. Smile
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
A lot is going to depend on the director as well. If he hired someone based on their role in a prior show he may want that same voice. On the other hand he may push them to sound differently if they have that ability.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I would chalk a lot of it up to directors. "I want [character x] to sound a bit like how you did [character y]". Having seen Ikue Ohtani do a live voice acting demonstration, and getting to talk to her in a more social environment, she can definitely do a wide variety of voices. But you're still likely to hear cutesy voices like Pikachu more often.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I am looking for the hentai title where this image comes from if anyone's seen it. I tried taking some random screenshots and using Google image search, but had no luck.

spoiler[The video features the woman giving a titjob at his computer desk which is making her really wet.]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 pm Reply with quote
@Kruszer

Looks like Azumi Shiomi from Abstinence Ward/Kindan No Byoutou.

-- Your fellow Hentai Connoisseur.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
@Kruszer

Looks like Azumi Shiomi from Abstinence Ward/Kindan No Byoutou.

-- Your fellow Hentai Connoisseur.

That's it. Thank you.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
PERVERTS!!!

I'd chastise you two even more but I'm busy reading the Bible. Wink
peter a

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
So how sad do you have to be when I can`t almost predict which voice actor by the hair colour of the anime character in the English dub ?.
I`m starting to predict the likelihood of if that character is going to be played by Jād Saxton or Brittney Karbowski.
crazynick18

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:39 am Reply with quote
I am currently watching Yugioh GX and noticed that episode 156 to 180 were not dubbed into English and I am wondering will they ever finish dubbing these episodes into English?
Thanks
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, crazynick18. Just to let you know, that's the kind of question that other posters at ANN and even the owner/operators of this site are unlikely to know the answer to. Funimation is the license holder for the show in North America so you are best off asking a representative in that company.
jemsick

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Been looking for an anime that aired back in the early 2000's in the US. It was about a guy that died and came back as a ghost of sorts and he was permanently like this. It was more of an action/comedy/drama/horror. If I could give more information I would but that's all from memory. If I do remember more I will let you lmow. Please and thank you for all your help.[/i]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
@jemsick

Hmm... Yu Yu Hakusho comes to mind, but it's hard to say.
pluskatje

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Hi guys,

im trying to find the name of an anime and i just cant find it anymore,

Info i still know:
its about an School for knights ( sort of )
He lives together with his sister.
A loli assassin tries to kill the princess and enters the school on behalf of the enemy country, if i remember correctly there is also a fighter/assasin in that country that looks like a non?.
there are 3 girls in the class he's in and they tried to fight the guy but lost.
last episode i remember of is that they slay a really strong enemy with the power of them both flying in the sky.
in the class he gets striked with a giant bell if i remember correctly from those 3 girls.
its not a long anime 10+ episodes.

im sorry thats really all i know of its not a lot but pls help me.

Ty.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
It doesn't hit on all the points, but possibly World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman? It's on Crunchyroll.
Ellen Öhman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I watched it a few years ago, and being the idiot I am I didn't write down the title, so I'm hoping someone here might have a clue about the name.

So what I can remember it was from either the 80s or 90s, probably the 90s. The main characters were a group of teen guys, maybe four or five of them, and they received the mechas from an alien race because Earth was going to be attacked by another alien race.

I clearly remember in the first episode the helpful aliens "teleported" some vehicles from Earth, like a police car and an airplane, to scan them to make the mechas. I think the mechas also had some kind of elements, a different one for every guy.

They could also combine their mechas with each other, though I dont know if all four could do it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 532 of 569