• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junjo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:14 am Reply with quote
Thanks for posting some sites , It help me find good animes
Lazy super Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So I watched parts of a hentai the other day and can't remember the name. It is about a guy who receives weekly videos of his crush having sex with a bunch of guys. If you could give me the name that would be a great help thank you. Confused
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Hello, welcome to ANN.

Next time, please refer to the the General Questions / Identify Anime thread when you want to identify anime.

As for the show you're looking for, your details refer to an anime of the NTR genre. The most notable one I can think of that fits with your details (which aren't very specific) is Otome Dori.

If it that isn't what you're looking for, please try to give more details for people to work with.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
...please refer to the the General Questions / Identify Anime thread when you want to identify anime...

Indeed.

(Moved.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Matthew Sauerbrunn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Hi all, I'm very new to this forum and site in general. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me find the title of an anime I watched when I was younger. This was back around the time when Encore had all of the sub channels, but I checked the site on here and none of them seemed quite right so this could be mid to late 90's or even earlier because this is depending on my horrible memory.

Anyway things I remember about the anime:

I kid/young guy is trying to reach a suspended city/facility that looks like it is floating.
It is actually connected to the ground through what looks like huge tubes, but these tubes have these weird razor like machines that go up and down it to keep people from traversing up to the destination. I can't remember how bloody or gory it is but there is one seen where I vaguely a dog barking at some goons, and what looked like a mix of a whip with blades cut right though the dog.
The young guy ended up injured some how and was actually making his way up the tubes to the city/facility or whatever it was and he seemed to be augmented mechanically some how.

Like I said this was mid to late 90's (probably closer to late) when I remember seeing this, and sorry it seems so sporadic. Any help would be appreciated.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:15 pm Reply with quote
^

Although it mightn't be obvious from the ANN encyclopaedia page, this scenario happens in Battle Angel Alita. It has the floating city connected by tubes and the blades that attack anyone climbing up the tubes. The main character - Gally/Alita - is a cyborg girl dumped from the floating city. James Cameron is making a live action version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lyrst

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Hi there, I've been bouncing around asking trying to find this anime (mostly because it's been on the tip of my tongue for a while know and I can't figure it out)...

All I remember is one line..most of it, "With all my black little heart seiji" or "Shinji" can't really remember, I think it may have been, "I'll curse you with all my black little heart.." Been to reddit and a few chats (and I don't want to play around with java to get on the chat here -.- my fault I know) ... Anyway anyway. I think it was made in the past few years, may have been on netflix (maybe not) aaand..I think she had something above him and was a kid, or a smaller character, maybe in school/highschool? Speculation aside I know that line is from it.

Any help appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 am Reply with quote
Hello,recently out of nowhere a really old anime I once watched as a child poped into memory and I can't seem to be able to find it...
Perhaps my memories of it are not enough to reverse search it but anyway here is what I remember.

it is sci-fi,it is OLD I mean about the first harlock age old.
I saw it back in the very early 90s and it was dubed(in Greek)..so that means it might have been old even for those standards since back then those things traveled SLOW.

In it there was a Race of Aliens (I think Green in skincolor) that had conical-like heads but drooping on the back like a horn,and skulls that fit the part I distinctively remember seeing a skull of one of them I suppose they were the bad guys. They wore a gold circlet on their heads (I think it might or might not gave them telepathic powers....).
And a scene with a human regal looking woman with blond hair being swarmed by babies of said alien race...but she was kinda welcoming them(that woman also wore said circlet)in order to pull them towords her and away from the main heroes.and I think then she dies...I think it was a drama.
P.S: no it is not Lensman.

Anyway please help me..this thing haunts my thoughts....
Also thanks in advance for all the help you can provide me.
and sorry for the lack of discription...
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:44 am Reply with quote
You said it wasn't Lensman, so am I correct in assuming it was a movie/ova length anime and not a TV series?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Lazy super Saiyan wrote:
So I watched parts of a hentai the other day and can't remember the name. It is about a guy who receives weekly videos of his crush having sex with a bunch of guys. If you could give me the name that would be a great help thank you. Confused

Sounds like the second half of Allargando: The Animation to me. It's not in the db here but MAL has it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:00 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Lazy super Saiyan wrote:

Sounds like the second half of Allargando: The Animation to me. It's not in the db here but MAL has it.

it also sounds like Otome Dori
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:56 pm Reply with quote
So the new Sword Art Online movie is coming out and I wondered if there's any chance Crunchyroll might acquire streaming rights for it afterwards (since they have the streaming rights for the 1st and 2nd seasons and the special). I don't watch a lot of anime movies but I wondered if this kind of thing ever happens.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Off the top of my head, I can't think of an example where CR has gotten the streaming rights for a movie that is part of a franchise that it already licensed. I do know that CR lately has gotten the occasional "one off" title as opposed to just TV shows, but it's pretty rare. CR has SAO: EXTRA ADDITION which I don't think was a theatrical offering, but it might be a sign that getting the movie is not a totally crazy idea. AoA is deservedly reviled for their physical release pricing policies, but give them their due, they do seem pretty decent about making their titles available on a variety of streaming services.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not gonna hold my breath. Would be cool it they got it along with the Kancolle movie and the upcoming Mahouka movie but I'll probably have to use.. other means.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
So the new Sword Art Online movie is coming out and I wondered if there's any chance Crunchyroll might acquire streaming rights for it afterwards (since they have the streaming rights for the 1st and 2nd seasons and the special). I don't watch a lot of anime movies but I wondered if this kind of thing ever happens.

They probably wouldn't want to potentially sabotage their own disc sales or theatrical release by doing that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 535 of 569