• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
^ That sounds like Blade and Soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
That looks to be it. Thank you very much.
Melody_Lilian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I have been wanting to make little cards of all the love live scouting cards and found that ordering the prints is cheaper than me printing them myself. I'm not selling or distributing them or even claiming they are my own work. I just want to print them for my own personal collection. Do I have to get any kind of permission before hand/does it infringe on copyright?
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:15 pm Reply with quote
It almost certainly does, but there's no onus or penalty on the purchaser(in the US; other countries may be different). It's only if and when you turn around and sell it that you break the law.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
How do people pronounce Ufotable? I've only ever seen it in print. Does it mean anything?
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
How do people pronounce Ufotable?

I will be interested to see what others say because I have never heard it spoken either.
I always thought of it as U F O table, with the first three letters pronounced separately, but after looking at the katakana for it I think that it should be yu-fo-table.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote
The credits to their productions always have "An Ufotable Production", which tells me it would be pronounced oofotable, rather than yoofotable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Gut instinct has always told me oo rather than yu, although Wikipedia shows ユーフォーテーブル as the name, which is yu.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Wikipedia shows ユーフォーテーブル as the name,

That is also what the ANN encyclopedia and the ufotable web site say.
Quote:
which is yu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I guess that settles that. And ideas on the source or significance of the name? I mean, what's a ufotable? A place to leave your yufos?

I've had similar questions about Manglobe, but that's always struck me as a Japanese pronunciation/romanji of mangrove, since their logo looks to me like a mangrove tree. At least that makes sense in my head, whether it's true or not. Smile
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
How do people pronounce Ufotable? I've only ever seen it in print. Does it mean anything?

The official website of the anime company in question says, 'ユーフォーテーブル' about its name.
So, if a native user of English says the company's name, it would be /juːfou teibl/.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
Ok, I guess that settles that. And ideas on the source or significance of the name? I mean, what's a ufotable? A place to leave your yufos?

There is a real-life round table of which name is 'the UFO table', and the president of the anime company likes that table. So, he named his company ufotable after the table.

http://designlike.com/the-ufo-table-wonderful-table/
http://gigazine.net/news/20120323-ufotable-taf2012/

KenSmithers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help me by finding this hentai i once found in 2007. I know it's made by Pink Pineapple but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It is basically 3 short stories, the first one starts with a group of high school students studying in the library as the girl plays with her friends dick without anyone noticing. She purposely drops her eraser as he's about to cum, so she could swallow it.

The second part is about a teenager in a train, and he meets this strange older woman, who then proceeds to fudge each other.

The last one is kind of blurry, but I remember it being about a guy in a big house full of women and they all try making him cum, and they put it in a cup so they can possibly drink it later.

I hope someone can find it, and I appreciate everyone's efforts.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
That sounds like Stringendo or Stringendo & Accelerando Ultimatum or one in that franchise. I think.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:45 am Reply with quote
Well. I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. Thanks!

So is yu-fo how the Japanese refer to a UFO? If so, it seems like it wouldn't be entirely incorrect to pronounce it as U-F-O table in English.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Well. I wouldn't have guessed that in a million years. Thanks!

So is yu-fo how the Japanese refer to a UFO? If so, it seems like it wouldn't be entirely incorrect to pronounce it as U-F-O table in English.

I believe Yufo is also how UFO is said in Britain, if I remember from the old British TV show UFO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 509 of 569