• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Moving to identifying anime thread.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Just in case anyone is confused, I believe that that Galap is referring to this posting by TyrannosaurusSergio151.
shosakukan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
TyrannosaurusSergio151 wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm TyrannosaurusSergio151, and I need help finding a lost piece of media. The piece in question is the 1973 series of Doraemon. ...If you have any information, please reply to this forum, or head over to the Lost Media Wiki forums and reply to the "1973 Doraemon Expedition Recruitment!" board. Thank you for your replies and comments!

According to the Japanese Wikipedia article about the 1973 Doraemon anime, some points are:

・ Imagica (the film laboratory) and Masami Jun (one of the main staff of the 1973 Doraemon anime) have some film reels of the 1973 Doraemon anime.

・ The rights to the 1973 Doraemon anime are unclear due to the production company's being defunct.

・ The companies (such as Fujiko Productions and Shōgakukan Productions) concerned with the Doraemon franchise are reluctant for the 1973 Doraemon anime to be rerun/distributed.

TyrannosaurusSergio151 wrote:
Any leads are graciously accepted. If you have any information, please reply to this forum, or head over to the Lost Media Wiki forums and reply to the "1973 Doraemon Expedition Recruitment!" board. Thank you for your replies and comments!

The 1973 Doraemon anime is a so-called sealed work.
You and your colleagues seem to try/have tried to contact Masami Jun, Imagica, Shōgakukan, Fujiko Productions and the like. Masami Jun and Imagica have some film reels of the anime, but they don't have the rights to the anime and cannot screen/distribute them. (Masami Jun once showed a few sequences of the anime to the limited members on his site, but those videos were leaked to the Internet and he got into trouble over that matter (probably with Fujiko Productions and/or Shōgakukan).) And the companies now concerned with the Doraemon franchise are reluctant for the 1973 Doraemon anime to be rerun/distributed.

{Edit}: Combined serial posts. ~ Psycho 101
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
If your DVD player can play Region 4 (Australia/New Zealand) DVDs, Madman has already released the entire series on DVD. Alternatively, if your player can play Region 2 (Europe) DVDs, Anime Limited plans to release the the first half of the series on DVD starting November 2016 with the second half to follow later.

I should add to this that if your DVD player is relatively recent, it is quite likely that multi-region playback is possible. For computer playback, compatibility is certain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm curious: how recent are we talking about here?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote

While there is no universally-applicable principle for determining whether one's player is region-free if it is not advertised as such, I have had good fortune with using R1 discs in branded R2 players over recent years.

On the subject of fortune, there is a trend for machines to include region configuration options hidden within their firmware, presumably for factory purposes. A substantial index of models that are allegedly unlockable is available, along with instructions. (Caveat emptor, and so on.)
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
BlazeDVD is a free software program you can use as a region-free DVD player on your computer. That's how I play my Japanese DVDs.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:20 am Reply with quote
So I was watching Blue Gender, and when the credits rolled I saw listed as an executive producer Cindy Brennan Fukunaga. It seems like that that it has been forever since I last saw her name associated with anything with Funimation ― does anyone know what became of her?
lem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

While there is no universally-applicable principle for determining whether one's player is region-free if it is not advertised as such, I have had good fortune with using R1 discs in branded R2 players over recent years.

On the subject of fortune, there is a trend for machines to include region configuration options hidden within their firmware, presumably for factory purposes. A substantial index of models that are allegedly unlockable is available, along with instructions. (Caveat emptor, and so on.)

interesting link, have no clue about the firmware situation and their respective players.

and I only read about this last night at Anime UK News:
US Region B/2 Compatible Blu-ray and DVD Imports

As an owner of a number of those R1 disc sets listed (and the 2 part CB blu set from the UK) as well as a Sony BDP-S5100 set for everything except Region 1/Zone A discs, I'm curious to see what's what.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
Bluebeard wrote:
I've been trying to find an answer for this on my own with no luck, so hopefully someone can clarify for me-

I'm looking to buy Your Lie in April on DVD, but from what I can tell the only release so far is in Blu-Ray? Does the Blu-Ray release contain a DVD playable copy as well or are there any plans to release it on DVD in the future? Thanks!

been looking myself, if you can play all region stuff, just found these from the UK

Nov 14th
Your Lie is in April - Part 1 (DVD)

Oct 31st
Your Lie is in April - Part 2(DVD)
Tigercml

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:07 pm Reply with quote
A guy dies and a goddess tells him he can be reborn in a video game and he can take one thing with him. The goddess was making fun of the way he died so he picked her to take with him. There was a Mage that could only use one spell before she fainted, a swordswoman who was a masochist.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like KonoSuba.
Tigercml

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Sounds like KonoSuba.

Yes that's it. Thank you.
VicViper_Mk2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I got a question on VA's voice. You probably hear in various animes that a particular VA's voice is used in one character of a series is used in a different character in a different series. For example, Takehito Koyasu voiced Muu La Flaga in Gundam Seed, yet he used the same voice for Keough in Ragnarok the animation.

But its not always the case, Rie Tanaka voiced Lacus Clyne, yet when she voiced Chii in Chobits she sounds nothing like Lacus (granted this maybe due to the character being a non-human)

So my question is are the VA's voice sample limited (they can only come up with one set of voice) or not (but chooses not to develop additional set because the original is what they're known for)? Thank you.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I think it depends on the seiyuu. I've heard some that generally use the same voice no matter what character they play and others that use a range of voices for various roles.

In particular, I can think of the seiyuu, Satomi Sato, who has quite a large range of voices. She's played the tomboyish Ritsu Tainaka from K-On!, the very feminine Eru Chitanda for Hyouka, and the very gruff Nana from Golden Time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 531 of 569