• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Last week they played some other short, Survivors or something?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:14 am Reply with quote
^Yeah, I guess it was Scavengers on Christmas Eve.

@ Blood- Razz I wasn't even drinking. Sad
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Cox Communications had a five minute block on the schedule for it. Right at Midnight. So I recorded it, but when played back, all I had was Dragonball.

So they cheated us, by playing it at 12:30. Just great.......
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 am Reply with quote
Yep, adultswim is ever the troll. Like how they "announced" deleting their forum. The tears of their fanbase is what nourishes their black little hearts.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
toonami was given an edited version of Shelter. Demarco didint know that until it aired. he thought they had the full version
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
toonami was given an edited version of Shelter. Demarco didint know that until it aired. he thought they had the full version

Without the extended parts it is just a music video, a beautiful one, but just a music video. Maybe they will get the extended one, and play it again. Of course they will schedule it, and then play it at a different time than scheduled.
OldAnime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 am Reply with quote
Hi,
I just found this community while searching for an old Anime I watched in the 90s.

I cannot remember the name of it I only remember some detail and I hope that if I describe what I remember some of you may know it and may be able to tell me what it was called.

I did search online for two days with words, description, year made... but cannot find it.

This is what I remember of the movie
- Movie should have been made between 1980 and 1995. I 'think' watched it around 1995 therefore earlier production.
- I watched it on Video Tape, was bought in UK of course imported from Japan

Movie details I remember for sure
- Settings: may have been Post Apocalyptic or post some war

- Boy/Young Man while out looking for stuff (scavenger?) finds an old Robot. This robot is not a giant robot. It's big-man-size robot. I think it is supposed to be an old Warrior/Battle/Guardian robot of some type.

- Eventually not sure if the boy fixes it and the Robot switches on or something like this

- During their travel together MAYBE the Robot trains the boy to fight/sword (not sure about this)

- I think there are characters on motor bikes with laser swords like gang of enemies but I am not sure if I remember this wrong

-Now this is more specific info: Boy and Robot arrive to this City, maybe one of the few cities still standing up. Anyway the city is Guarded by a big (maybe giant size cannot remember) guardian robot.

NOTE: when activated, this city-guardian-robot is 'sitting on a chair/throne' in front of the town AND at his back he has a power cable that goes down into the building connected to Power Source.

Bad Guys manage to destroy this City Guardian Robot by overloading the power system therefore killing the guardian robot.

I think at the end maybe the Robot found by the boy decides to stay to guard this town (not sure)

Additional blurry info: The following info I am not sure if it was part of this movie or if I am confusing two movies together
- I recall group of youngsters maybe scavenging for tech parts, on motor bikes, then selling parts for money, mainly a girl scavanges and goes to sell to a old wickedweired guy shop. But I could be wrong

I think the title of this anime may have been one single word but I just cannot remember
I am trying to find this anime because I would love to re-watch it and I think there was a piece of music in there that I really liked when I saw the movie

Thank you for reading this I hope one of you knows which movie this is Smile

Thanks!
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:09 am Reply with quote
I believe this is Genesis Surviver Gaiarth.

Everything seems to fit, except a few small details, but memory from 22 years ago won't be perfect so I think it's within error.

BTW I really like that OVA, whether it's what you're looking for or not Cool

And for the piece of music, there were 2 things that really stuck with me, one being the first ED, which is IMO one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard. It comes into my head again and again and has been doing so since I've seen the anime.

The other may be this really cool 'heavy metal baroque' piece that plays during, among other things, the battle for the city.
OldAnime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 am Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
I believe this is Genesis Surviver Gaiarth.

Everything seems to fit, except a few small details, but memory from 22 years ago won't be perfect so I think it's within error.

BTW I really like that OVA, whether it's what you're looking for or not Cool

And for the piece of music, there were 2 things that really stuck with me, one being the first ED, which is IMO one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard. It comes into my head again and again and has been doing so since I've seen the anime.

The other may be this really cool 'heavy metal baroque' piece that plays during, among other things, the battle for the city.

Oh!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!
Yes! this is the one... Gaiarth. You made me happy man Smile
Thank you sooooooo much Smile

yes I remember really liked this anime, thanks to you going to re-watch it and everyone else should Smile
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote
I was wondering if someone can help me remember the name of an anime that aired maybe 5-8 years ago. I don't recall much about it, but I do remember the following:

1) The story is about high school students who can call forth robot like beings somehow linked to them from another dimension. I don't think the beings themselves where inherently good or evil ( I know, pretty generic )
2) The main male character lives alone in a huge square corner house.
3) Towards the end of the anime, a plane carrying students become suspended in mid-air, held in place by one of the robot like beings. A student controlling the being threatens to crash the plane, but I can't remember why.
4) The situation is resolved with the help of the female class president, who at the being of the anime seems to not have a link to a being in the other dimension. in actuality she did in the past but her being was killed, which made her somehow resistant or immune to the powers of other students beings but also making her some sort of outcast.

That's about all I can remember at the moment.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
@dvls_advocate

Hmm, is it possible for you to describe the robot like beings? Were they animalistic or more humanoid? Any info would help.

And it has been a while since I last saw this show so I'm unclear about the details but research about states there's a plane scene that may fit what you're looking for. In addition, the class/school president character sounds like what you're talking about. It's called Asura Cryin'. What you described might actually be from the second season.

You can watch the show's openings and confirm if it matches what you're seeking.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
@dvls_advocate

Hmm, is it possible for you to describe the robot like beings? Were they animalistic or more humanoid? Any info would help.

And it has been a while since I last saw this show so I'm unclear about the details but research about states there's a plane scene that may fit what you're looking for. In addition, the class/school president character sounds like what you're talking about. It's called Asura Cryin'. What you described might actually be from the second season.

You can watch the show's openings and confirm if it matches what you're seeking.

I knew after I clicked on the link you provided that Asura Cryin' was exactly the show I was thinking about. I forgot about the male character having a female ghost as a companion. Thanks!! Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I'd love for Asura Cryin' to get a NA physical release. I watched it back in 2009 and really liked it. Maybe it will be a future Discotek/Eastern Star pickup?
imort01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Dear friends,

Today I was feeling nostalgic about an old anime cartoon me and my friends were watching more than 10 years ago...,and I was asking myself if you could help me with my search?

We were wathcing RTL 2(german) back then, the anime was about a female high school exorcist hunting down some sort of demons ,she would slay them with an chess figure /piece and yell something while she's doing it.There was an episode of a boy who had been possessed by a demon(there was a black sticky mass on his chest) and he was laying in an hospital.It ain't much but that's all i remember.

We all had a good time watching that anime,and i would deeply appreciate if someone could help me in my long year search....

sincerely thank you all...
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Imort01, that sounds like Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne. She basically seals demons by turning them into chess pieces.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 534 of 569