• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: More Japanese My Little Pony Dub Cast Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
I'm sure it will do well enough. Will it be the huge breakthrough western animation title that cracks open Japans anime fanbase to western titles? Not likely, but it has momentum behind it and is an incredibly accessible show, which plays a large role in why it's so popular up to this point.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Fun little bit of info for all the neigh-sayers. The first 2 toys for the series sold at TAF sold out in less then half an hour!

And Japanese dub is sounding pretty solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2UcK0rlWOg&feature=player_embedded#!

So yeah, things seem to be off to a decent start, hope it gets good ratings when it premiers on TV come April 2nd.[/img]
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Now, MLP has a better chance at being popular than Avatar did. Mainly because it actually has a certain otaku demographic it can potentially appeal to; furry otaku. That's ultimately the only way for western animation to really get a foothold in Japan; find that niche. Furryism is one such niche. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was another show J-furries latched onto back in the day. Basically, if you want an American show to do well in Japan, pander to furries. Furries in Japan are probably the most accepting of western animation because anime doesn't really do much furry pandering so they have to rely on foreign media for that, since it's more of a western fetish.

The proper word to call these people/fandom is "Kemono".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4