• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magi Anime Gets Sequel This Fall

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:08 am Reply with quote
Which is funny because given the complete lack of quality of the first season I couldn't give a Magnostadt.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 am Reply with quote
Really? I've had a great time watching the first season. Can't wait for the second.
Lolack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:41 am Reply with quote
why? the first season didn't even cover the manga properly
Divineking

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote
Seriously Aniplex are you TRYING to blow through all the available manga material?! Evil or Very Mad

Considering that arc is quite literally just ending in the manga, it's ridiculous that their rushing to get to it so soon. I would think that they'd want to drag out the anime more so that they could make more seasons, and obviously more money...*sigh* well hopefully they don;t try to do anything more to "fix" the manga because what they did to Alibaba's character in the Zagan arc was just awful.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:54 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Seriously Aniplex are you TRYING to blow through all the available manga material?! Evil or Very Mad

Considering that arc is quite literally just ending in the manga, it's ridiculous that their rushing to get to it so soon. I would think that they'd want to drag out the anime more so that they could make more seasons, and obviously more money...*sigh* well hopefully they don;t try to do anything more to "fix" the manga because what they did to Alibaba's character in the Zagan arc was just awful.

I've never read the manga so all this is new to me but I'm curious, how is Alibaba's character different in the manga? Also how is the story different from the manga?
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

I haven't read the manga, so I don't give a flying fsck whether the anime follows it or not. I just want MOAR.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
LOL. That is all. Well, I might give the second season a shot but not expecting too much out of it imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote
I feel like I should be happy.... but I'm acctually just kind of pissed...acctually I'm VERY pissed... I think I'll just pass.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:54 am Reply with quote
Well a lot of manga people are mad, but I really enjoyed the first season as an anime person. I'm up for more Morgiana.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

I've never read the manga so all this is new to me but I'm curious, how is Alibaba's character different in the manga? Also how is the story different from the manga?

Well in a sense they DO follow the manga...albiet poorly after the balbad arc (and heck even before hand they excluded some stuff) and as far as knowing about Alibaba, please refer here:
[illegal distribution site link removed]
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:16 am Reply with quote
I'm not really surprised. It's the sort of show that could last for over a hundred episodes easily.

The anime should not be judged by the manga. This anime appears to be made for those who watch anime, not manga readers. And not everyone reads manga; if so, then why bother making the anime? Similarly, if you've read the manga, why bother watching the anime? It belittles one to criticize an anime for deviating from the manga. They're two different media for two different audiences.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
I'm not really surprised. It's the sort of show that could last for over a hundred episodes easily.

The anime should not be judged by the manga. This anime appears to be made for those who watch anime, not manga readers. And not everyone reads manga; if so, then why bother making the anime? Similarly, if you've read the manga, why bother watching the anime? It belittles one to criticize an anime for deviating from the manga. They're two different media for two different audiences.

Well, manga adaptions ARE funded by the original manga publisher and are used as an advertisement to make the manga more popular. So its totally fair in my opinion to compare the two... its goal is to get people to read the manga, and if there are many differences, then the anime probably could have done a better job.

But for people like myself who don't read manga, it doesn't really matter.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:

I have not read the manga (except some early chapters) but I still don't like what they did to Alibaba's character. Hearing that these were anime only changes makes it a lot worse.

It might be more forgiving if the anime was ending here but the fact that they get a 2nd season and made such pointless changes (just to be different from the manga) is not a good thing.

But really I am not surprised it turned into a disappointing adaption considering who was handling the script. Yoshino might not even be the one to blame but unfortunately because I dislike so many of his other works, I can't help to think he was a big part of the problem. But who knows maybe A-1 wanted an anime original ending for some unknown reason.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
I'm loving this series and am happy they'll be a season two. If someone publishes the manga I'll be more then happy to support it legally just to see the differences. But in the mean time, bring on number 2!!!
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
Well, they certainly aren't wasting any time are they?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3