• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Date A Live (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
One of the best things about anime is it's "something for everyone" distribution.

Well, except for hot blooded giant robot caber toss. But some day we'll get it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3 opening bit, that made me crack a huge smirk.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 3

Totally did not realise before that the twins shared similar personality traits to Tohka and Origami. The part where we see them getting along with their respective similar person was good.

Alarge amount of fanservice in this episode, Shido had some too, but he did not seem happy to spoiler[run into his teacher while he was in he nude].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 am Reply with quote
So much fan service. I'm not sure which of the twins I like more tbh...

I'm pretty sure the next episode will decide the conclusion of this arc though with this pacing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:56 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
So much fan service. I'm not sure which of the twins I like more tbh...

Betty or Veronica.

Actually the most implausible thing about the episode is each of the twins somehow got some alone time with that wrung-out pansy Shido.

Through the first season and up to now I think this anime has avoided it, but it looks like we have finally been treated once again to the scene of the male harem lead acting like being touched by one or more amorous attractive females is the most horrible thing that could ever happen to him. If it were not for Kotori he would have no backbone whatever.

I guess it just comes with the territory -- no avoiding it.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Seems most harem leads have that kind of personality. Is part of the appeal of people who think of him as a "self insert" character?

I've always found that to be kind of annoying because it almost completely subtracts any amount of respectable man points he had before (though Shido didn't have many to be begin with they were there).

In contrast to that though when you get someone who actively acts on these things like Akatsuki from Hagure people see him as a disgusting rapist.

I wonder if it's possible to have a character who is in the middle ground who doesn't get pushed around by the girls all the time but is still sensitive about their feelings for him. I'd totally go for someone like that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
\I wonder if it's possible to have a character who is in the middle ground who doesn't get pushed around by the girls all the time but is still sensitive about their feelings for him. I'd totally go for someone like that.

You mean Katsuragi?
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:00 pm Reply with quote
A real shame I never got around to watching that show. I believe it just jumped up to the top of my backlog list if what you speak is true Smile
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

Through the first season and up to now I think this anime has avoided it, but it looks like we have finally been treated once again to the scene of the male harem lead acting like being touched by one or more amorous attractive females is the most horrible thing that could ever happen to him. If it were not for Kotori he would have no backbone whatever.

You do remember the women in this series are {probable} mass murdering monsters or women who fight them or both, right? For example, the twin girls will rock Shido's world ... like a hurricane. Not figuratively either.

For me, the second season has been a step above the first season in comedy and I suspect the drama will soon follow. Episode 3 had a hot spring bit that was honestly funny, some nice additions to the cast and it's got me interested in buying season 1 {something watching season 1 did not do}. Pretty good work for three episodes.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Shido several times has figuratively and literally leaped without looking over the situation entirely and has been called out on it by several characters.

Hell the situation with the Yamai sisters starts with him yelling at them to stop fighting and he quickly realizes that had not the sisters agreed to make a "special match" they would have just as well blasted him and the unconscious Tohka out into the ocean.

I don't think it was out of character at all that Shido was stressed out from two super powered girls (four if you want to toss in Tohka and Origami) that wanted his undivided attention.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Shido, you lucky bastard. spoiler[After dealing with that drama, you get a double reward in the form of a kiss from the twins. Poor Origami though in this arc. She got sent to the hospital again.]

Imo, this was actually my least favorite arc so far from the franchise. Still, the next arc should be better since one of my favorite characters will be in it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

Shido totally just spoiler[mental choice]d them, and as expected following the spoiler[choice was followed by embarrassment] of spoiler[losing their clothes]. It did look sweet though, ended up getting something in my eye.

And who knew Kannazuki was actually useful?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:18 am Reply with quote
The kiss scene had an awkward camera angle. It seemed like the twins kissed each other instead of Shido.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote
Oh no. How terrible.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
So total flake blond 2nd in command guy is a tactical defensive genius? Funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 12