• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah Sensei got her episode, although she won through spoiler[brute force lol.] I liked the Oreimo reference. It wasn't surprising to find out that Hikki wanted to be a stay home husband.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
OVA

Sadly the version I watched had terrible subtitles, often took pausing to read and figure out what supposed to be being said. I liked it, especially the brother sister thing was funny, I like how her voice changes such as when he did a hollow compliment. I am all for Yui, so at least a moment was nice.

Good to see more from this series.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
Sensei is probably my 2nd favorite character from the series only slightly behind Yukino. And holy hell, all the girls looks amazing in their spoiler[wedding outfits] in this OVA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:18 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

And there goes Hikki and Yui.

Am I happy to see more? Yes but while I can see Yui hanging back while Yukino and Hachiman get into a relationship, I can't say the same for Yukino.

She won't be able to run this time and she won't like it.

Ok, should be good. Also, I want to see if Hikki holds up his end of the "honey bread" bargain.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

And there goes Hikki and Yui.

Am I happy to see more? Yes but while I can see Yui hanging back while Yukino and Hachiman get into a relationship, I can't say the same for Yukino.

She won't be able to run this time and she won't like it.

Ok, should be good. Also, I want to see if Hikki holds up his end of the "honey bread" bargain.

I heard there is a Sensei arc and since she is on the cover of that article, it might happen in the 2nd season.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Theme song of season 2 will be sung by the same voice actresses - Saori Hayami and Nao Toyama

I hope they show another longer preview soon as well. The artwork or rather studio has changed slightly but I'm still hoping for the best.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 1:

Well, it's out now and I kinda like this new OP song we got here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6vOx_dejb4&feature=youtu.be

Unfortunately, I don't like the character designs much, at least compared to the first season anyways. spoiler[Overall, an alright episode despite some pacing issues. The atmospheric setting and the character personalities were fitting and they also added some humor (Hi Hina). Second half of the episode had the characters taking a trip.] Ah, I miss this show and glad it's back.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ah, I miss this show and glad it's back.

Hopefully we will get to see some kissy-poo this time around. Yui, Yukino, Saika (money is on that one) I ain't picky.

Season one was good without it but now it is time. I hope we get a legal stream soon.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Woo it is finally back!!!! Very Happy

Stark700 wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't like the character designs much, at least compared to the first season anyways. .

I disagree. I think both girls look much better. Although I do prefer S1 Hachiman fish eyes over the current one.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
Yay, 8man is not only back, he's as awesome as ever. And Yukino got some cute scenes.

The changed character designs don't bother me, in fact I hardly noticed them. I do prefer the old designs but the new ones are perfectly fine.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Yay! It is back!

I actually literally cheered when spoiler[Yukino and Yui stood up for Hachiman and told the boys to leave they were rude to him]. It shows such wonderful development, as expected spoiler[he apparently was getting disliked for being harsh to that girl so he could take the blame, but Yui and Yukino are willing to stand up for him]. Meaningful with spoiler[Yukino's personality and Yui's go with the crowed problem]. And although buried under comedy, spoiler[Hina also seemed to be on his side]. As expected Hachiman spoiler[did not seem to realise that Yui was flirting with him] quite a bit. That her spoiler[being so close to him was not because he happened to be nearby].

For the change in character design, it does make them look older, which I don't feel particularly against, I think there was something about older designs that was likable, but I do not have strong feelings against the change.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:27 am Reply with quote
Hmm. I remember by the time last season ended, I was kinda of tired of Hachiman's mopiness and his persistent belief that everyone hated him in spite of pretty clear evidence to the contrary. The OP was a bit weird in that it didn't make this feel like a comedy at, but rather a straight ahead romance.

We'll see. I don't know if I'll be there to the end, but I'm here right now, I guess.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
As expected Hachiman spoiler[did not seem to realise that Yui was flirting with him] quite a bit. That her spoiler[being so close to him was not because he happened to be nearby].

But he *did* know. I encourage you to re-watch the scene between them on the train, and especially with the ladle of water at that shrine (or whatever it was). Remember that this is a continuation of an ongoing series, so these instances need to be taken in context with the things that happened last season.

This goes hand-in-hand with what Blood- was saying as well. Hatchiman *does* know that some people do care about him, but for various reasons, he won't let them get close to him -- he keeps his distance, and does so using the methods shown in the series. They're not the result of mindless instinct or cluelessness, but are done deliberately.

As to *why* he does that: it's been made pretty clear what his past was like and how it affected his (largely very accurate) views on group dynamics. But like Amayo, most people are unable to see things that way, except in occasional flashes of (usually uncomfortable) insight, which are hastily buried again.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
But he *did* know. I encourage you to re-watch the scene between them on the train, and especially with the ladle of water at that shrine (or whatever it was). Remember that this is a continuation of an ongoing series, so these instances need to be taken in context with the things that happened last season.

His inner monologue was along the lines of telling her not to do things because he might misunderstand, not thinking that he is embarrassed to do such a thing. Hachiman is on a big seesaw of wanting something more, but afraid that such thoughts are one sided and he will lose what standing he already has.

If I remember properly Yui practically asked him out during the festival, but after what he did it may have left his mind. How aware he is or afraid that it is part of a delusion is not entirely clear.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 19