• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
There are 7 heroines and we've been through 4 already. The remaining 3 are Mai, the cooking chick, and the gloomy chick. I also found it odd they'd reveal such a thing about Uchida so they might be aiming for an OVA.
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
I'd almost decided to drop this series a couple of times, but hearing Nonoka channel her inner undine in this episode made me glad I didn't.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:50 pm Reply with quote
By the way, which episode is my avatar pic from?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
By the way, which episode is my avatar pic from?

Ep 8, just before the OP
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Thank you my good man. You have saved me a lot of fruitless hunting as I ditched this at the end of eppie 4.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Watched the raw again. Lots of HRRRRRRRRRNG to go around.

Next week is spoiler[the cooking girl.] I actually wanted it to be her since I have zero interest in her. I'd rather the last episode be something I do have interest in.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote
so spoiler[gloomy girl] is last, huh?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Her inferiority complex is something I can relate to so I'm interested in seeing how Kazuya helps her.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Every episode I keep wondering why Enterbrain approved this. I feel like this show could have been so much better had the show been given 2 cours to work with and each girl, besides Haruka, had more than one episode. It's kinda hard to care when everything is wrapped up in 23 minutes. I like the omnibus approach and since the Photo Kano girls are all expys of the Amagami girls, it would have made a lot more sense to structure the show similar to Amagami SS.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

While this episode was cute, the drama did seem to miss its mark, a likely problem from trying to fit an entire relationship into a single episode. The characters just seemed to start dating without any clear beginning, although perhaps that is refreshing in a way.

Regardles she was cute, actually probably too cute in some ways, she had a real Azu-nyan look.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Every episode I keep wondering why Enterbrain approved this. I feel like this show could have been so much better had the show been given 2 cours to work with and each girl, besides Haruka, had more than one episode. It's kinda hard to care when everything is wrapped up in 23 minutes. I like the omnibus approach and since the Photo Kano girls are all expys of the Amagami girls, it would have made a lot more sense to structure the show similar to Amagami SS.

Well, the hype was different I guess...

- Shortly after Amagami went on sale, Terashima Takuma (VA for Umehara Masayoshi) made it well-known that Nanasaki Ai was his girlfriend. Also a Amagami fan, Kamiya Hiroshi pulled his radio host partner, Ono Daisuke, into it. Not long afterward, Ono Daisuke who was then a known Ai fan received a simple "happy birthday from Ai" message by Ai's VA - Yukana - on his birthday. He apparently was ecstatic about that and started advertising Amagami nearly everywhere he went including "his radio program" (from what I gathered, this probably was on "Kamiya Hiroshi & Ono Daisuke's DearGirl〜Stories〜") even when the radio program has nothing to do with Amagami. Soon after, Sugita Tomokazu also joined the "Amagamist" rank; and so the Amagami fever spread.

- Photo Kano itself also has higher gameplay difficulty together with the hurdle of taking photo part of the game where it does grade the photo you took making it much less approachable compare to Amagami (which has no game event with time limit, includes an option to reset to the day's morning which lessen the necessary to save/load to see what the other selection would result in).

- In addition to that, I'd assume that the internet radio program for Amagami, "Ryouko & Kana's Amagami Coming Sweet", was able to gather more interests for that series than the one for Photo Kano has for its respective series. Amagami's Radio had 20 CDs (all 180 shows + extras, not counting its own OP/ED theme) released during its run while PhotoKano's has been running since 6th July 2011 and they've only release 1 CD that has the first 5 broadcasts.

- A fan from 4chan's /a/ board created "The Amagami Challenge" with the support of other fans as a sort of real-life version of the game's premise: it motivates them into going out, finding a girl, and getting a date with her on or before Christmas.

- It's neither here nor there, but hearing Asumi Kana performing the lines of Amagami's protagonist, Junichi, as "Kanau" in one of Amagami Radio's corner was quite entertaining if nothing else.

tl;dr, Amagami had tremendous hype advantage of being rather popular among the seiyuu world over Photo Kano. Its radio program was presumably more popular, and the game is accessible even to newbie.

Those are probably the reason why Enterbrain was willing to bet more money on Amagami than Photo Kano.
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
YES! RINA NEXT! Been waiting nearly the whole series to see this one...mmm boobs.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:06 pm Reply with quote
wasn't really interested in Rina before this episode and I was certain that her episode would focus primarily on her assets. glad to say I was happy I was wrong. She can see throughspoiler[ Uchida] and now we know spoiler[she is fact Alice, the legendary cosplayer]. I thought it was a pretty decent episode and Maeda spending some effort to be better at Photography was a welcome change.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Was not too happy with this episode. Probably because they made Rina feel too perfect, that she was so popular with a good body, but she was apparently completely alone in the club so she had to rely on him, and throw in some clumsiness for extra moe. That is what I would describe her as, she had very thick moe that was hard for me to enjoy as much as the others.

But at the same time there were aspects I liked, and that was to do with spoiler[Uchida], she has become a favourite character of mine as at least the show is not trying to sell her through sexy shots. It was good that Rina spoiler[could see through Uchida's stealth and tried to help her from being lonely], in saying that I just had a little voice in my head talk about unrealistic it is, and that voice has dead fish-eyes. Damn it Hachiman, why do you have to ruin my unrealistic anime?

Oh there was that sister, she did help make Rina feel less like a child in a kids body, and that little husband wife play was cute.
"spoiler[Do I even know you]?"
"spoiler[Come on, lets go to the amusement park]!"
Easiest kidnapping ever.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Wah~ Ep 12 is spoiler[not the final episode! Next time: IMOUTO KITAAAA~!!!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10