• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

This episode did not really have that interesting of a heroine, I can understand emotional problems (I spoiler[transferred numerous schools] too), but it is not fun to have a main character putting herself down, and the guy taking that as reason to what appeared to be stalking her. The plot kind of reminds me of something I did (or did not do) because of spoiler[moving], makes me feel depressed.

I would say that the main purpose of the episode was to actually show off all of the girls, showing what would not happen from him not focusing on them, and this episode's girl trying out the clubs. Actually made it feel like they were using the fact that she did not have much personality to do so, her absence from most of the versions of the changing photo at the end highlighting this, although they tried to save it by putting her in the end, and making her a focus of looking at the photos.

Next episode preview:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 6

But being what it is I will demand one thing. There needs to be a spoiler[sister route], that which was joked about on Amagami SS, and fulfilled in that other series with the catchy ED song.

Called it!
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
I was waiting for this episode since I had a feeling that Misumi would be the most interesting one and then it turned out that she was quite boring.

DuskyPredator wrote:
I would say that the main purpose of the episode was to actually show off all of the girls, showing what would not happen from him not focusing on them, and this episode's girl trying out the clubs. Actually made it feel like they were using the fact that she did not have much personality to do so, her absence from most of the versions of the changing photo at the end highlighting this, although they tried to save it by putting her in the end, and making her a focus of looking at the photos.

Pretty much. It felt like an ending episode where all the other girls were also seen in action by showing Misumi how much fun she could have when interacting with people and partaking in the various clubs. Then again, an episode focused entirely on Misumi probably wouldn't have been all that interesting anyway...

spoiler[The sister's up next week. Good lord.]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote
This anime is very similar to watching someone else play an eroge but not as fun. Because you can't grab them without warning in inappropriate places.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah they kept their ace in the hole for the last episode.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
congrats Dusky

yeah, not much to add here. Kinda boring, but the spoiler[moving away] was an interesting scenario. With almost every episode, the President becomes slightly more respectable and likeable, and it's very weird. I'll be the odd man out and say meh to next weeks spoiler[Kanon] episode. She's certainly no Miya or Nana
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
So episode 13. spoiler[They're actually step siblings.] That is all.

Was expecting a surprise episode 14, but got a Rozen Maiden trailer instead, Laughing
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:46 am Reply with quote
spoiler[So they're not actually related to each other.] Okay...

Anyway Photo Kano gets a Not really good rating from me. I honestly don't know why I watched this every single week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

The forbidden aspect made it more exciting, even if they spoiler[removed the ick factor a little with no blood relation thing]. Apparently the even spoiler[waited like another two years to even date after confessing].

I did notice a good deal of frozen shots, so they were taking it easy in this episode, maybe not entirely bad. I think that the series had some good moments, but I cannot forgive it for what made me rant out earlier, that I do not think the beginning quite built up the alternate versions that it became, something other series did better.

But there were also some bad episodes, and I think the show did a pretty poor job at making the characters feel unique and interesting before their respective arc episodes. I actually was surprised by Kanon's voice as I thought she totally spoke like this, but Nii-yan, not Nii Nii. Miya is totally more interesting.

As a whole I have to rate it down as Not really good as I was pretty close to dropping this, it had some good ideas, but other things were just so bad. I would still recommend it to people who might enjoy the whole this sort of thing, but I rank it bellow Amagami and Yosuga no Sora.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
This episode was actually pretty good. Didn't have the pacing issues some of the others did.

Nonoka's episode is still the best, though.

Overall the show wasn't bad. I got plenty of enjoyment out of it and the girls were high quality. I'll rate it as Decent.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I honestly don't know why I watched this every single week.

Because you were looking for the fan service which never seemed to arrive?
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I honestly don't know why I watched this every single week.

Because you were looking for the fan service which never seemed to arrive?

I thought that all the bits were the girls were in sexy poses for the photos were awkward as hell.

I was really close to dropping it until I got to episode 5 and 6 which I thought were touching and cute. Some of the later episodes were cute as well, but it never reached similar heights sadly enough.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
this one was ok, but she's still not as good as Miya or Nana. Overall, the show was disappointing. giving it a So-So
Morisummer500

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:06 pm Reply with quote
This anime was weird this way, it was okay the first few episodes, then the lead character, photographs this one girl, who falls in love with him, then next episode it was a different girl, then the next, another girl, he must have had 5 or more girls love him or have strong feelings for him, but it was like he never dated any one of them, it was kinda weird.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Because in each respective episode, he didn't date any of the other girls. Every episode after the 6th resets the timeline so he's free to hook up with another girl. Everyone wins.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10