• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Sadamitsu the Destroyer DVD 1-3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
Yes!

It's about time someone reviewed this series. I personally enjoy anime in the "superhero/armor" genre like Guyver and what not.

Sadamitsu feels to me like one of those lost old-school shows that we don't see anymore. The kind of show where there's no deep philosophical implications or engrossing layered plots.

Sometimes you just want to see a super-powered guy beat the crap out of aliens.

I also recommend picking up the Complete Collection. Especially when Best Buy has it for like $20.

Great review. Hopefully this'll get more people to check it out.
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:02 am Reply with quote
YES. I picked this up over the summer and it quickly became a new favorite. There really isn't enough of this kind of thing these days. Props to the dub, by the way - Wayne Grayson is an excellent man.

The extras were certainly a welcome treat, since I've pretty much come to accept that most anime DVDs have practically none (although this would still be worth buying even without them). The Ryukeitai Encyclopedia is awesome ("Who said there would be figures?").

I hope some day we get the manga over here. I'd love to see the roots of this thing.
Dachande

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I was hopnestly surprised with this show. When I saw the first few episodes at a local anime club I wasn't really impressed and the show seemed boring, but when I bought the Complete Collection and finsihed I was really surprised by the way it turned out. I really liked the opening theme, it reminded me alot of the game Wild Arms. The way the show ended also surprised me, and seemed like a fitting ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1