• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hayate the Combat Butler! Cuties (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papochulo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:03 pm Reply with quote
mad mac wrote:
Quote:
I recall reading somewhere that when the writer is close to ending the manga series he plans on doing a story arc devoted to Maria.

Kinda/sorta. More that there's stuff about her he can't reveal until the end, I think.

Quote:
spoiler[I think these were the only times you got to see the faces of Nagi's parents, which, unless I'm wrong, haven't even been shown in the manga.]

And BTW, has Nagi gotten taller?

spoiler[Yukariko has shown up a few times in the manga, but CTMEOY is the first time we get any information on Nagi's dad. Personally I'm really fond of him, now.]

I think they made an effort to make Nagi look a little older in the last two seasons. She's almost 14 at that point, after all. (Nagi's birthday is in Dec.)

spoiler[I do remember Yukariko being shown in the manga, but they never showed her face clearly, part of it was always blocked.
]
mad mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
Not sure how far along you are, but Yukariko's face is definitely shown in the manga, and more then once. We even get to see her as a kid at one point.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
2014, OVA 1

Not entirely sure where to post this one, but since this is the latest series I guess I choose here.

Apparently this was a 10 year anniversary thing, and it has to have been a good one. This actually felt like it had the feel of earlier series that was missing from later series, especially since they made the awesome decision to bring back Norio who was missing from CTMEOY and Cuties, him mixed with Hayate is the best. And they finished off with the first opening song

I am familiar with the first half as being from Volume 15 Episode 10. Getting spoiler[Norio to voice Grasshopper] was brilliant, as was showing spoiler[Maria drive the RC]. Unfortunately I only have volumes up to part way through Golden Week, but it did mean the second half was new to me. I find it funny and reminds me I need to get onto getting more.

And was there an implication that Izumi's spoiler[father would be voiced by Norio]? Actually that would be a perfect fit, makes me really wish they would adapt a certain chapter. The chapter was even foreshadowed when Shiranui stole the phone.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I should read the series. I read scanalations many many years ago but they were rough and incomplete at the time. Never got back to watching more.

But yes, I hope this OVA teaches them their lesson. The show is at least twice as better with Norio on board.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6