• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream 'My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU' TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
SNAFU huh, alright then
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, thats quite a localized name.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Situation Normal: All F***** Up.

I suppose that is a good enough way to shorten the title. I was hoping that CR would get this, and I'm glad they did. Now, if only they can get Attack on Titan, too... Razz
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I suppose that is a good enough way to shorten the title. I was hoping that CR would get this, and I'm glad they did. Now, if only they can get Attack on Titan, too... Razz
or someone better does
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised that this ended up on Crunchyroll since it's a TBS show. Given the regions, I expect this is likely a sublicense from Sentai that will also run on Anime Network at some point.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

or someone better does

Love the title! Gets across the point quite well.

I'm curious what you think is better than CR for simulcast streaming? I'd like to watch stuff there. Since Funi's site is horrible, hulu plays well but has commercials up the wazoo, and has lower res unless you pay to watch your commercials, and TAN is horrible...

I am still holding out some hope that RDG will get picked up by someone...
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

Me, too. I hadn't realized that no one had picked it up yet.

Also, I don't understand why anyone thinks that Funi's player (which is Hulu) is better than CR's player. Hulu has a bunch of commericals. CR does not. But I guess that's off-topic for the thread.

Good for CR. I think I'd be just as happy with RDG as AoT; I'm crossing my fingers that they'll get one of those two.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
zensunni wrote:

Me, too. I hadn't realized that no one had picked it up yet.

Also, I don't understand why anyone thinks that Funi's player (which is Hulu) is better than CR's player. Hulu has a bunch of commericals. CR does not. But I guess that's off-topic for the thread.

Good for CR. I think I'd be just as happy with RDG as AoT; I'm crossing my fingers that they'll get one of those two.

CR does have commercials if you don't subscriber, and they're often more irritating if then Hulu. However, CR is at least commercials free if you subscribe, unlike Hulu.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
CR does have commercials if you don't subscriber, and they're often more irritating if then Hulu. However, CR is at least commercials free if you subscribe, unlike Hulu.

I didn't realize that. I've subscribed to CR for a *long* time. I also like using CR's player to stream to my PS3. I dunno if Hulu lets you do that (I imagine it does) but seeing anime in 1080P (even if upscaled) with no commercial interruptions is pretty nice. It may not be perfect, but it is the best set-up I've come across so far, at least for anime.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
/a/ is butthurt already, I already checked.

Creative title, tho
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
/a/ is butthurt already, I already checked.

Creative title, tho

seems like it's a really easy thing to do
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Scandinavia and South Africa but not the UK/Ireland? I'm thinking we have found some of Kaze streams for the season, I wonder whether they'll keep streaming them free to the UK on Anime-on-Demand.

Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

I didn't realize that. I've subscribed to CR for a *long* time. I also like using CR's player to stream to my PS3. I dunno if Hulu lets you do that (I imagine it does) but seeing anime in 1080P (even if upscaled) with no commercial interruptions is pretty nice. It may not be perfect, but it is the best set-up I've come across so far, at least for anime.

Yes, its a big difference comparing Crunchy paid with HuluPlus and Crunchy free with Hulu free ~ AFAIU Hulu bit-starves their streams more at given resolutions so they sometimes buffer less at a given resolution if there is network congestion, but to my mind, Crunchyroll paid is better than HuluPlus, independent of the ads, and the ads on HuluPlus pushes it into the no comparison territory.

But I think Hulu free allows higher resolution than Crunchyroll free, and AFAIR while Hulu free has more ads, Crunchyroll free sometimes had more annoying ones.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
dragonrider_cody wrote:

To continue the off topic thread-jacking, Hulu Plus will stream to your PS3, but there is another solution: Playon.TV It is a software solution that turns your PC into a media server for many sites, including regular hulu. It has a low-cost subscription, but I got a lifetime membership when they switched to that. It plays pretty well to PS3 and Roku, less well to android, but so does everything, frankly.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
Takuku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
Scandinavia and South Africa but not the UK/Ireland? I'm thinking we have found some of Kaze streams for the season, I wonder whether they'll keep streaming them free to the UK on Anime-on-Demand.

For free! To be honest, i'm expecting AoD to die at the moment - their domain is due to expire next month (that could of course mean nothing), given the fact that Problem Children is still up to episode 6, we've had no communication for the past few months and Andrew is focusing on Anime Limited.

As for the simulcast itself, what's with 'SNAFU'?
Clarste

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Takuku"]
agila61 wrote:
As for the simulcast itself, what's with 'SNAFU'?

They figured the English written on the cover was unnecessarily awkward so they decided to translate it. And we all rejoiced for having a shorter title to refer to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2