• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Encyclopedia cast/staff section labels displaying odd

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
For some reason, labels for sections of the cast/staff on encyclopedia pages have started displaying a little off for me (using Internet Explorer 9). Here is an image to show what I mean:

The labels for the section, such as "Japanese Staff" or "Japanese Cast" are out of place, such that you can only see the lower half of the words. Also, white lines have started appearing between parts of the blue bars that divide the sections.

At the same time, the links for genres and themes changed from black to blue (which isn't a problem, just another change that happened at the same time).

This just happened today, and as far as I know I didn't change any settings on my computer. I checked on another computer using IE 8 and Firefox, and the section headers displayed correctly on both of those browsers. So I'm guessing the display problem might only be with IE 9 (either that or somehow some setting was changed on my computer without my knowledge).
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 am Reply with quote
Never mind, I figured out the problem. Internet Explorer had somehow ended up in "compatability view" and I apparently didn't notice. Now that I've turned that off, the pages display correctly again.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1