Forum - View topic
Problems with FUNimation?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Hey N.A.M. Perhaps you could answer a question for me.

Did VIZ and Neon Alley recently have a falling out with FUNimation? The reason I ask this is because I've noticed that One Piece is on less and less each week. Both last week and this one, even on Thursday nights when the new episodes are supposed to debut, there hasn't been any One Piece at all.

Not only that, but all the FUNimation trailers that used to be shown during the commercial breaks seem to have all disappeared. Instead they've been replaced by Nozomi/RightStuf trailers.

Is there any truth to my paranoia? I certainly hope not, as there are several FUNimation properties I'd like to see you guys stream in the future. Sad
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
After seeing this board, I asked on there facebook "Are you not airing Funimation shows or ads anymore?"

They later replied to me, "You're just not catching them at the right times. Stay tuned!"

Maybe they just need to renew a contract or something, but it doesnt seem like they've had any kinda fall out. So there is probably nothing to worry about. Hope this helps, my man Smile
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully you're right. I still don't see any One Piece on their new schedule, though. Sad
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 pm Reply with quote
I looked at their schedule, looks like they are having several One Piece episodes on tuesday night. No new episodes yet

Looking at their facebook page again, someone asked em about One Piece too, and Neon alley told them " Unfortunately, we don't have any updates to new One Piece episodes. We're working on bringing you more but don't have any news to share at this moment, hopefully some of the new content will hold you over for now"

If I had to guess, they only licensed the first 52 episodes and are still workin on commissioning a more. Doesnt seem like they are giving up on the show just yet though
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Neon Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1