• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Advent Children Delayed [2005-08-25]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Next thing you know it, Last Order will be packaged together with the FF7:DoC. *roll eyes*
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:02 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If SQ'ENIX doesn't get Last Order, ADV, FUNimation, or Geneon will, guaranteed.

Doubt it, I've heard it's very short, like 10 minutes or so.

Also, checking some of the FF fans sites they all claim to have emailed S-E and all got the response that no official release date has ever been set for the US release and that the Sept. release previously shown was false.

Here's one of the replies:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Customer Support,

There is no official release date set for Advent Children. We are aware of many retailers posting different release dates and all the rumors about the release. We are also aware of September 13th being shown at the end of trailers of Advent Children which was falsley represented. At this point in time, there is no official information about the U.S release nor was there ever.

Kinda sounds like back peddling to me.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:48 am Reply with quote
Ok, I still don't get it. So it will be coming to the U.S. this holiday season? And we're not getting the ulitmate edition which means we're not getting Last Order at all? If so that sucks. And they still haven't specified if it will be only in Japanese or if it will only be in English or if it will have both languages. I'm perfectly fine if its only in Japanese. Square and English voice acting don't mix.
Raoh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:57 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
It must be tough being Square-Enix, being essentially at the mercy of Sony's distro wing and getting blamed for everything they do. Attention Squeenix bashers: THIS IS SONY'S DOING. Square-Enix made the movie, they do not distribute it. They didn't even distribute movies back when Square Pictures was around-the first Final Fantasy movie was distributed by Columbia Pictures. Sony probably noticed that the hype for this flick is growing, and decided to bring it out during the busy and more profitible holiday season than burying it in September, one of the slowest months of the year for the video industry.

It does stink that Last Order won't be coming to America. Of course, about a million groups will be fansubbing it now that it's essentially unliscenced.

Unless of course, Sony is planning to release a mega-super-ultimate-return-of-the-king-platinum edition in six months with nine extra discs and Last Order included...I could see them doing that...

Ah, an important piece of information that wasn't stated in the article.

Alot of us seem to have made miscalculations on this.

I will correct my previous post accordingly.
Ataru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:12 am Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:
Next thing you know it, Last Order will be packaged together with the FF7:DoC. *roll eyes*
Oh, trust me, 3 months afterward, bang. But for Sony to delay something for the US is... nothing really all that new. But atleast everyone feels the same pain I felt when Nintendo came out and said Zelda:TP was going to be delayed. Well, as for Square Enix, they pretty friggn' bring Kingdom Hearts 2 over here by the end of the year, or so help me...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
odango

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:15 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't count on it. There's already 3 Squenix games coming out between septembre and december : Radiata Stories, Romancing Saga and Dragon Quest VIII... And may be Advent Children. So from a marketing point of vue it would be a bad idea and since the release date of KH2 is continually pushed back...

Believe me I'm not happy about it either, specially now that I know that I won't have Twilight Princess for 2005:(
Izlude

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:39 am Reply with quote
Well there better be a good english dub in this to cause for another delay Razz
W-General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:56 am Reply with quote
I sort of expected this, but was waiting for an official confirmation.
So here we sum up the NA version as:
No kick-ass Cloud figure
No Last Order OVA
Delayed

I've made my choice. Time to put my order for the Japanese Ultimate Edition.

If I need to see an English subbed version there's always fansubs. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:12 am Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised at any of this. Considering how long it took to get it out in the first place. But hey that's what happens.

But I hope that when we finally get our release I hope that we will get all the extras that the import version is getting. Because that limited ED one is pricey. But only because there's all this extra stuff including a "figurine". That's enough to send the price tag sailing.

Oh well. At least the holidays aren't too far off. Wink
Bunk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:04 am Reply with quote
What exactly is the Last Order OVA? When does it take place in relation to the game, and what scenes is it supposed to depict?
radicaledward

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:12 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Quote:

There is no official release date set for Advent Children. We are aware of many retailers posting different release dates and all the rumors about the release. We are also aware of September 13th being shown at the end of trailers of Advent Children which was falsley represented. At this point in time, there is no official information about the U.S release nor was there ever.

Emerje
I'm going to have to agree with you on that back peddling - I have a preorder for the movie from Game Stop, and they told me that their system said that the release date was September 13 and that information was direct from S-E NA. So apparently someone must be mistaken as to how accurate that date is.

Bunk wrote:
What exactly is the Last Order OVA? When does it take place in relation to the game, and what scenes is it supposed to depict?
Last Order is a more detailed retelling of some of the events in FFVII, with out going into too much detail, it is basically the story of why Sephiroth burned a particular city to the ground Wink
Tim333444

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote
According to the main fansite, Adventchildren.net, the delay is only rumor.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:50 am Reply with quote
silentjay wrote:
GATSU wrote:
First FFXII, not this. R.I.P. Square

It's the US release that's delayed, not the Japanese one. It's still coming out on Sept 14th in Japan, which probably means something fell through on the NA distribution side, and not S-E's side. (Wasn't Sony supposed to be the NA distributor?)

Edit: Yep, it's Sony, and the decision was on Sony's side, not S-E.
you know now all thats gonna happen is the more people will download it since we cant buy it when we were supposed to be able to.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:52 am Reply with quote
*sigh* Somehow I figured they weren't going to pull of the "released at the same time" thingy. Since we haven't heard much of an English dub, much less release info, I was kind of expecting it. The only thing I'm quite ticked off about is the Last Order OVA. I mean, is it certain that we will not get an american release of this?

Well, if some people don't want to wait a long time. I'm sure it will be fansubbed in due time.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:54 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

Here's one of the replies:

Quote:

Emerje
it is a massive backpedal. The offical NA site had a countdown that was counting down to a september 13th release. This is Bullshit plain and simple.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3