• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Key's Kud Wafter PSP Port's Opening Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
While i'm finally happy to get an all ages port of kud wafter, I can get use to the OP at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Seems weird for it to be on PSP. Its parent title, Little Busters, recently got a Vita port.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Seems weird for it to be on PSP. Its parent title, Little Busters, recently got a Vita port.

And more recently a PS3 port. But I would like to see Kanon and Air on PS Vita and PS3 even though I already have the PSP versions.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
If only Key titles received localization in the WEST. I would snatch up a 3DS or Vita Little Busters in an instant.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
While i'm finally happy to get an all ages port of kud wafter, I can get use to the OP at all.

It's obvious an adult woman trying to sound like an elementary school girl.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
If only Key titles received localization in the WEST. I would snatch up a 3DS or Vita Little Busters in an instant.

Key is never going to let us have the games legally in the west unless we are willing to shell out millions of dollars to localize each one.

Last edited by Cecilthedarkknight_234 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Damn, watching that preview gave me a big smile. Now, I hope Kurugaya gets her own game soon in the future..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Luck0fTheDuck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote
So kawaii Anime hyper
razisgosu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

Key is never going to let us have the games legally in the west unless we are willing to shell out millions of dollars to localize each one.

That's not up to us to decide, it's up to a publisher to make a deal with Key. Atlus and NISA have been known to localize risky games before. That being said, I know localization of good visual novels is about as close to 0% as it can get. It would be nice though, to be able to buy a translated copy of these games legally.
CardsOfTheHeart

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 am Reply with quote
So long as Takahiro Baba is president of Visual Art's, I don't think that will ever happen. Hard to believe someone like Baba would care about the global market when he (ALLEGEDLY) tells someone who imports a Key game to, in other words, "f**k off and go play your own damn games." (ALLEGEDLY) Did I mention it was alleged? I swore I read that once upon a time on a TV Tropes page, but I can't find it anymore.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:
razisgosu wrote:

That's not up to us to decide, it's up to a publisher to make a deal with Key. Atlus and NISA have been known to localize risky games before. That being said, I know localization of good visual novels is about as close to 0% as it can get. It would be nice though, to be able to buy a translated copy of these games legally.

I'm just relying information when air was been being fan-translated. Key sent out a few c&d and Air was one them. The translation group tried to negotiable terms with key but it would cost way to much money to do so. Due to this air still remains one of the last key/visual arts games is still not translated. I highly doubt even jastusa or manga gamer has 100,000+ dollars to release the game.
http://tengutranslations.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/visual-arts-finally-replied/
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Well, we got Planetarian. And if that didn't sell well for the cheap price it was offered at then there pretty much is no hope of ever getting anything Key/Visual Arts an official release here in the west.

To all who didn't catch it the first time, here's the ANN link. $4 is well worth the experience of Planetarian in my opinion.

Can we get an OVA of it please? This is the sort of project that fits perfectly into a short OVA series
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:27 am Reply with quote
More and More of Keys catalog is ending up on amazon, pretty soon all of it will be on there along with a lot of other popular visual novels as for the president of key and their policy in general on markets other then japan, they can unknowingly take my money and like it, and I will continue to support the translators who do a great job translating their games all of which except air and kud wafter have english patches already.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm just relying information when air was been being fan-translated. Key sent out a few c&d and Air was one them. The translation group tried to negotiable terms with key but it would cost way to much money to do so.

Since fan translators don't usually pay any money (other than perhaps for a single copy of the original work) what constitutes "too much money" and how much do the likes of Jast and Mangagamer pay on average anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1