• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Discotek Media Adds Monster Rancher TV Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
If only they could release Pokemon. Digimon would also be nice. I want Japanese language! Of course, I don't think we'll ever see this happen, at least with Pokemon. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSS!
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool but its still not the one im hoping to get license again
Redlinks

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Fu*k YEEEEEESSS! I had a feeling this was coming since it was streaming on Hulu but the original Japanese language track is a huge surprise! I have downloaded the Hulu rips of the English dub series but I'll definitely be buying a physical copy both sets ASAP!

Last edited by Redlinks on Thu May 02, 2013 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Never seen this show and don't care for it myself but it's nice to see them continue with the separate dub/sub releases for shows that would need them.

Now if only they can rescue Ronin Warriors, Ultimate Muscle (and the original Kinnikuman for that matter) & both Megaman adaptations that Viz had (along with their unreleased seasons & episodes). I would buy them all if that happened.

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Will be curious to see if the sub sets still go with 'Monster Rancher' rather than 'Monster Farm'.

It probably will be Monster Farm seeing as the Japanese Samurai Pizza Cats set is now going by it's Japanese name, Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee but then again, it's TMS they're dealing with here so it could be different.

Also, the licensing pamphlet at Tokyo Anime Fair featured the Monster Farm name. It probably will be Monster Farm, which is great.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
NJ_ wrote:
Never seen this show and don't care for it myself but it's nice to see them continue with the separate dub/sub releases for shows that would need them.

Now if only they can rescue Ronin Warriors, Ultimate Muscle (and the original Kinnikuman for that matter) & both Megaman adaptations that Viz had (along with their unreleased seasons & episodes). I would buy them all if that happened.

Hagaren Viper wrote:
Will be curious to see if the sub sets still go with 'Monster Rancher' rather than 'Monster Farm'.

It probably will be Monster Farm seeing as the Japanese Samurai Pizza Cats set is now going by it's Japanese name, Kyatto-Ninden Teyandee but then again, it's TMS they're dealing with here so it could be different.

Also, the licensing pamphlet at Tokyo Anime Fair featured the Monster Farm name. It probably will be Monster Farm, which is great.

This entirely depends which version they got from TMS, as I mentioned in an earlier post. If they get the International master, it'll be Monster Rancher. If it's the Japanese master, it'll probably be Monster Farm.
rockman nes

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I played the game like an ace
berocent

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 pm Reply with quote
back to the future.. 2014 here I come..
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
It's great that "Monster Rancher" is going to be re-released by Discotek Media. I hope that if there's a new "Monster Rancher" anime that it's set in the United States like they did with "Legendz." I also hope that there's also an American version of "Monster Rancher." I'd love to see it. Smile

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
rockman nes wrote:
I played the game like an ace

Me too. Loved my Monster Rancher 3. Was my very first PS2 game. Just repurchased the game in Japanese along with all of the guide books and fan books.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
This entirely depends which version they got from TMS, as I mentioned in an earlier post. If they get the International master, it'll be Monster Rancher. If it's the Japanese master, it'll probably be Monster Farm.

"International master"? So the blood and sex could still be edited out?
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:

"International master"? So the blood and sex could still be edited out?

Just refer to this post for information about this.
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to this, but as others have said, it's not the one I'm hoping to see re-licensed and continued the most. I've had relatively good luck in recent years (e.g. the first seasons of Digimon and the Eizou Hakusho OVA), so I'm still crossing my fingers.

This will be a nice dose of nostalgia in the meantime, though.

Last edited by LadyKuzunoha on Thu May 02, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Man, it's been so long since I've seen any of this series that I can't remember jack about what it's about, probably because I only ever saw chunks of episodes at random. Still, this has certainly gotten on my radar, long live Discotek!

As for my nostalgic wish list: Zoids
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:50 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Just refer to this post for information about this.

Only the first links work for me, though I guess it's enough of an indicator.

I guess if it's just text that's not too bad. So long as none of the content is censored.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5