• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kojima Discusses No MGS Collection for Xbox 360, Z.O.E. Status

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
The reason ZOEHD failed was because it was farmed out to a company who clearly had no idea how to update the game properly (30 fps? Are you freaking SERIOUS?). And now because of that we'll never see ZOE3, thanks a lot Kojima. Give me that Snatcher/Policenauts remake instead, maybe. If Konami would for once stop putting him on the stupid MGS train maybe it would happen.

Last edited by ZeetherKID77 on Fri May 03, 2013 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Toriko36

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
It's really quite simple, if Kojima and his studio do not want to release a game on XBOX, so be it. I don't want to get into a war of which console is best, but just on specs alone and the availiability of Blu Ray on the PS3, it's clearly a superior console for storage and HD purposes.

A brand new 250GB PS3 with a game now only costs $250. If you want the games that bad, go buy a PS3.

And to whoever said it wouldn't take 7 DVDs, just do the math.

1 DVD = 700 mb storage VS. 1 Blu Ray = 50 GB of storage

7 DVDs @ 700mbs per disc = 4900 mb (49GB)

I understand that not every single PS3 game fits the entire 50GB limit on the Blu Ray disc, but most do.

Anyway, I have been supporting Kojimasan and everyone at Kojima Productions for many, many years, starting with MGS and will do so until the series has reached its conclusion. Great work and I cannot wait to see MGS5.
Jetto

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:46 am Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
It's really quite simple, if Kojima and his studio do not want to release a game on XBOX, so be it. I don't want to get into a war of which console is best, but just on specs alone and the availiability of Blu Ray on the PS3, it's clearly a superior console for storage and HD purposes.

A brand new 250GB PS3 with a game now only costs $250. If you want the games that bad, go buy a PS3.

And to whoever said it wouldn't take 7 DVDs, just do the math.

1 DVD = 700 mb storage VS. 1 Blu Ray = 50 GB of storage

7 DVDs @ 700mbs per disc = 4900 mb (49GB)

I understand that not every single PS3 game fits the entire 50GB limit on the Blu Ray disc, but most do.

Anyway, I have been supporting Kojimasan and everyone at Kojima Productions for many, many years, starting with MGS and will do so until the series has reached its conclusion. Great work and I cannot wait to see MGS5.

Your math ads up to 4.9 GB, which is smaller than the size of one DVD. Sorry, pal. A dual layer DVD is 9GB. CDs are 700 MB. YOU do the math. Metal Gear 4 is ~32 GB. That's 4 dvds. Let's say MGS4 take up all 50gb of that disc (which it doesn't). That's still 5 DVDs.
GTO Neko

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
While it does stink that it's not going to be on the 360, you still also have to look at the facts that unfortunately, there are still a lot of people who are using the original models of the 360 and using less than 120 GB. To really be safe for the installs for MGS4 alone, that's still going to take a good chunk of hard drive space that a lot of people don't understand about, and thus, will either be A- Disappointed or B-Frustrated from not paying attention to details like so.

For example, from working at Gamestop and dealing with Halo 4, a lot of people don't have hard drives or a big enough hard drive to do a proper install of the game since it is "REQUIRED" to have at least 8 GB of hard drive space to install the game and do all of the online/multiplayer elements. When quite a bit of people found out that info the hard way, a lot of them were both the A and B that I previously mentioned.

All in all, this is why more often than anything, I always say that if you can consider yourself an all around gamer in some shape or form, you gotta try for all the game systems, not just one.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Solid 4 might have been the first Metal Gear PS3 game but it apparently pushed the console to its limits considering a 360 needs so many discs.

like it or not , Microsoft is gonna have to make a next gen console that can use both DVD and blue ray to prevent this from happening again. Also it's sucks to holy high hell that there's gonna be no ZOE 3. I guess with Kojima concentrating on MGS 5 , there isn't gonna be time to a ZOE project.

Also I was kinda susprise that people aren't too happy with the ZOE HD collection considering how well it sold. though the PS2 are the superior versions.

It would have been better for Kojima and for Konami to release both ZOE 1 and 2 for the PSN or XBOX Live.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote
GTO Neko wrote:
While it does stink that it's not going to be on the 360, you still also have to look at the facts that unfortunately, there are still a lot of people who are using the original models of the 360 and using less than 120 GB.

We've old PS3s that's 20GB-60GB. Laughing
(The ones that died, we've both replaced the 360s and PS3s with newer models.)
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
The reason why people hate ZOE HD is because they dropped the framerate for some ungodly reason. PS3 version is apparently getting a fix, but 360 fans are probably screwed.

I would have liked to know if ZOE3 was a 3DS game, because of that one "ZOE3DS" teaser photo Kojima posted, but now it's probably not happening.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
I don't think Konami "Hates" Xbox, it just makes more sense for a Japanese company to focus on the system Japan actually buys.

The latest MGS typically have more sales in the West than in Japan though. They know it's a franchise that easily goes beyond Japan.

On that note, Konami recently announced:

• Hideo Kojima's stealth-action franchise reaches new sales milestone.

More than 33 million Metal Gear Solid games have been sold to date, Konami announced today. This figure is up from the 31 million units announced during March 2012.

By comparison, the Halo franchise has sold 50 million units, while the FIFA and Call of Duty franchises have each sold more than 100 million copies each. The Madden NFL series has moved 99 million units.

Gamers who wish to get up to speed before Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes can pick up the Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection this June.

This comprehensive compilation pack includes a handful of installments in the series ranging from the original Metal Gear Solid to 2010's Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Anyways, the next Xbox is coming, so it may go there.

• "When it's the next [Xbox] console, maybe we can release it [again, presumably, The Legacy Collection]," added Kojima. "If we released a version on the Xbox 360 without MGS4, then it's not The Legacy Collection."

Well maybe if Gears of War could get a PS3/PS4 port then the next Xbox could get Metal Gear Solid legacy collection. Many have speculated that Gears could get a PS3 port because MS doesn't owned/trademark the series like Mass Effect, since Epic own the Gears series. I went to MS trademark site and I don't see Gears of War trademark on MS site, so Gears could get a PS3 and maybe a PS4 port if that was to happen. I think it would be fair to have MGS4 getting a Xbox next gen port and in return I want Gears of war Trilogy/Collection (that include Gears of War: Judgment also) on PS3 and PS4 as collateral, so everybody wins and no losses on both Xbox and Playstation side.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:

True, if the limitation was restricted to being a disk-drive system only, but the 360 has an internal hard drive, which means even if the collection spanned 7 disks, it could easily have been installed and developers could have used a single disk for each of the games as the key.

The limitation statement is an excuse not to cater to the 360, which doesn't have a large fan base in Japan to justify the extended costs to maintain, especially since Microsoft charges developers to push patches so they're not rushing games to market before they're ready.

Well, that was the intent, anyway. Anyone who owns a Bethesda game knows how much that company spent on patches.
Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2