• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Saint Seiya DVD 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:23 pm Reply with quote
What did you say about saint seiya?
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
some kid here someguy says that saint seiya is the ridicule, or, even worse, the laggard production in anime. Who is this guy? Some body get his I.Q. and his sense of taste check. Please!
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:
some kid here someguy says that saint seiya is the ridicule, or, even worse, the laggard production in anime. Who is this guy? Some body get his I.Q. and his sense of taste check. Please!

By the way you stumble over your words, I'm starting to wonder a little bit about your IQ, myself. Why don't you drop the attitude and try being a little more civil, 'kay?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
gonzaleza wrote:

Translation: I enjoyed Saint Seiya and I disagree with the review on this site.
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:16 am Reply with quote
Look man, I was just checking to see if you were alright. There is nothing wrong with being critical about something. I was just joking and it seems I went a little to far. I am sorry.
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
would you believe what they said about saint seiya
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Heh, yeah, I can believe it.

I'm not sure I understand why you keep bumping the thread though, we get the point, you disagree with the review.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why you keep bumping the thread though

Because Saint Seiya fandom is like one big Orwellian groupthink collective whose intolerance of opposing opinions will not cease until everyone on the planet admits that some rather hokey 1980s shounen show is actually "Double-Plus Good".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gonzaleza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:15 am Reply with quote
No Tenshi, I am not saying that people should be force to watch Saint Seiya, that choice is entirely up to that person. What I am doing is just standing my ground, you dig what I am saying. I am not just gonna sit here and watch people step on my ground, I will defend it. If I came on to strong, I apologize--it was my mistake. Tell Nagisa not to be angry with me for being so persuasive; but if you don't stand for something you may fall for anything.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quote
Persuasive? You're contributing absolutely nothing useful and bumped a talkback thread for a nearly two year old review at least twice for "Can you believe that some people don't like this show?"-type statements.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haades

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, I would say that in order for one to like Saint Seiya that person must be able to withstand the first two volumes, they are little horrible to watch. But I can almost assure that after the third volume things will get a little better, you are given enough meat to hold on for a while. Then, if you bear until the 6 volume, than, the story will really start to open up and get a bit interesting. I, too, thought Saint Seiya was a piece of crap with themes that have become almost obsolete--but keep in my mind that today I can say I am a fan of Saint Seiya and learned that I will never judge a book by its cover.
Que_Tal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:30 am Reply with quote
I know this thread is super old but....
I have never seen a more "way off" review, ever, in my life....

or at least, not since Roger Ebert's thumbs up review of
GARFIELD the movie.

Maybe this reviewer was on some type of cancer medication like Ebert was, and that explains his ridiculous and nonsensical review of Saint Seiya. It would at least, explain his review, somewhat.

Hey, do you know what else sucks along with Saint Seiya? Well,there's....
Dragonball Z,
Yu Yu Hakusho,
Bleach,
and One Piece.

?????
~O-O
Who the Fu..?

Why is it every wannabe reviewer wants to "pretend" to hate on the GodTier animes like DBZ, Yu Yu, and Saint Seiya?
You aren't fooling anyone fella:/

Lastly, genius...let's see if you can do simple addition.
How many Saint Seiya episodes were produced? Can you guess?
Well over a hundred.
Same goes for the rest of the Shonen Classics listed above.
Do you know why?
I'm sure you don't.
I'm sure you will never have the capacity to EVER figure out why?

Dude...don't hate on the God Tier animes.
Not cool!!!
Leave the masterpieces and classics alone.

By the way, if Saint Seiya sucks so bad, then what do you consider a great anime?
I dare you to name what you would consider, a A+ anime.
I dare you.
I need another good laugh.

This reviewer better not still be working at this site, because I'll lose all respect for AnimeNewsNetwork if he still is.
And ANN is too much of a professional website dedicated to detailed and concise info gathering about the anime world, to have some third rate reviewer actually collecting paychecks signed by ANN.

I mean REALLY?!?!
ANN, what were you thinking in hiring this hack?
Shameful.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:09 am Reply with quote
This is extreme necroposting, so I'm locking this thread, but a couple of comments first:

Que_Tal wrote:
Lastly, genius...let's see if you can do simple addition.
How many Saint Seiya episodes were produced? Can you guess?
Well over a hundred.
Same goes for the rest of the Shonen Classics listed above.
Do you know why?
I'm sure you don't.
I'm sure you will never have the capacity to EVER figure out why?

Just because something has a high episode count doesn't mean it's a quality show. It just means that it can stretch its plot out enough to churn out innumerable episodes and is reasonably popular.

Quote:
Dude...don't hate on the God Tier animes.
Not cool!!!
Leave the masterpieces and classics alone.

The series' ranking in the low 2000s of all anime series in our User Ratings (see the Encyclopedia Entry) seem to be at odds with that assessment. You're certainly welcome to see it as a Masterpiece, but clearly most visitors to this site don't agree.

Quote:
This reviewer better not still be working at this site, because I'll lose all respect for AnimeNewsNetwork if he still is.
And ANN is too much of a professional website dedicated to detailed and concise info gathering about the anime world, to have some third rate reviewer actually collecting paychecks signed by ANN.

He's only the Executive Editor, and his reviews during our seasonal Preview Guides are quite popular.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1