• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Article on Anime Styled Nancy Drew

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Genius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Not to pass judgement on a product that hasn't even been released, but from the trends I've been seeing lately, this will likely be same old Nancy Drew with an manga aesthetic attached because it's a "fad".

I'll reserve my judgement until I read the final product...but until then, I'll stick with Kindaichi and Case Closed, thank you very much. Razz
midori kou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Don't you love remakes even though you already know how it ends and few changes are ever made? Makes me wonder what happened to people's imaginations.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Great, another anime wannabe. I can see it now - Nancy Drew with big eyes, sweatdrops and pratfalls. Yep, that's EXACTLY what makes it anime. Rolling Eyes

I think these cartoonists think anime is just a fad and will go away when something new comes along, but they are sadly mistaken. Anime is a multi-million dollar industry here and they are just trying to get in on it. I don't blame them, seeing as how anime has got to have many more fans than the watered-down, simplistic, censored American dribble we get.
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
The old Nancy Drew covers they show make me chuckle.. I like those. The artist sure looks happy in that photo of her.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1