• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz's SuBLime Licenses Ayano Yamane's Crimson Spell Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Altacia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This makes me so happy, I could cry.

His name is "Vald" though.... Not Bald. Sad
Nadare Xizos

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I love this series. I'll be really happy to read beyond the two volumes that went out of print long ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I will definitely be picking this up. Now if only someone would rescue Fujoshi Rumi. That's the series I missed the most when Media Blasters canned their manga division.
JLightstar

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes, finally! I managed to buy the first two volumes before they went out of print. I guess I will collect the volumes again since it will have a new translation.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Altacia wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I was going off of the Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Right Stuf listings for the first volume in Kitty Media's release, which listed it as "Bald."

I spoke with SuBLime and the company said that while both names have been used and SuBLime has not yet set a specific name spelling for this new release, SuBLime will probably use "Vald," so I have corrected the name in the article.
Altacia

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Crystalyn wrote:
Altacia wrote:

Thanks for letting us know. I was going off of the Amazon/Barnes & Noble/Right Stuf listings for the first volume in Kitty Media's release, which listed it as "Bald."

I spoke with SuBLime and the company said that while both names have been used and SuBLime has not yet set a specific name spelling for this new release, SuBLime will probably use "Vald," so I have corrected the name in the article.

I figured. When Kitty Media released the first Volume they used "Bald" instead of "Vald". Laughing Lots of fans threw fits.. Even contacting Yamane-sensei to let her know of the terrible error.

Then later prints changed it to Vald.
PansyWansyLinsy

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I'll ask that everyone excuse me for just a moment while I have a little bit of a fan girl moment...

I'm so elated to hear that Crimson Spell is schedule to be back in print again, and pardon the bit of ungratefulness here, but it's about time! I was seriously considering scouring the net again for used copies, but I just had a gut feeling that this would get picked up again. It's so popular that I couldn't imagine Viz not wanting to get this in print.

So to Viz:

crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow! Wasn't expecting to wake up to this news. I already own the volumes in Japanese and don't buy English-translated manga but I'm glad to see the series will be hitting U.S. shores again!
Oraculo

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:51 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSS!!! Anime smile

PansyWansyLinsy wrote:

So to Viz:

And mine, too, please! Anime hyper
LadyKuzunoha

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:54 pm Reply with quote
PrettyKitty20034 wrote:
Awesome! I will definitely be picking this up. Now if only someone would rescue Fujoshi Rumi. That's the series I missed the most when Media Blasters canned their manga division.

Ditto to everything in this comment! I'd even be happy to repurchase the volumes I already have if it will encourage Viz and whichever company picks up Fujoshi Rumi to continue releasing the series.
poonk

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSS!

*ahem*

This is on my shortlist of wished-for license rescues. I'll be happily rebuying the first 2 volumes as well...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1