• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Galaxy Railways 2 Website

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow, now this was unexpected. Well, I guess everyone is going back and touching on those "prequels". Only thing is that 'Leiji Matsumoto', must have more to tell. Or they just need more stuff to put on TV.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if FUNimation is going to license this as well. Also someone needs to license GE999
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
Wonder if FUNimation is going to license this as well. Also someone needs to license GE999

You're referring to the original series from the 70's correct? If so that would be good. I would be curious to see the series that started it all. Not to mention make this a suggestion to library's collection. I'm trying to add more "vintage" materials. Smile
littleharlock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Wow, now this was unexpected. Well, I guess everyone is going back and touching on those "prequels". Only thing is that 'Leiji Matsumoto', must have more to tell. Or they just need more stuff to put on TV.

In case you´re interested, the sequel TV series for Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari (aka Galaxy Railways) has been announced by Planets (the company behind the production) back in April. According to them it´s going to be a direct sequel to the original TV series set one year after the events of the first TV series for GTM.

Aside from Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei, there´s also a "Big Project" in the works that will be formally announced/unveiled in October 05 (according to Hiroshi Kon the producer of Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari).

Best Regards,
littleharlock
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:41 pm Reply with quote
littleharlock wrote:
Quote:

In case you´re interested, the sequel TV series for Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari (aka Galaxy Railways) has been announced by Planets (the company behind the production) back in April. According to them it´s going to be a direct sequel to the original TV series set one year after the events of the first TV series for GTM.

Aside from Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei, there´s also a "Big Project" in the works that will be formally announced/unveiled in October 05 (according to Hiroshi Kon the producer of Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari).

Best Regards,
littleharlock

Thanks on info.! It's good to know that Leiji is still working on something. But I never would have expected more from this series. But I'll keep my eyes out on this new project. Smile
DBW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

Galaxy Railways is Leiji Matsumoto's 50th Anniversary project (since his first publication "Adventures" in 1953). So it's not just some random show they made to fill up air time, it's actually a pretty big deal (or at least in Japan it is). It's also not really a prequel, but actually co-exists with all his other series, and has tie-ins/cameos from his other works (particularly concerning the Arcadia and Harlock's crew).

kusanagi-sama wrote:

Most likely. I also recently asked FUNi representatives if they'd be interested in licensing Matsumoto's original works if their release of of Galaxy Railways is successful. They said it's something they'd like to look into, but it all depends on the current status of the series (any withstanding licenses, is it at a reasonable cost, etc.) and of course the success of Galaxy Railways. Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to find an American audience for Matsumoto's works, so we may never see his older series make it over here, which is a real tragedy.

Right now I'd say our best bets are either Animeigo, who currently hold the Harlock movie "Arcadia of my Youth" and have shown that they're willing to purchase old and long series, ie. Urusei Yatsura, Macross, etc.

Or FUNimation, who currently hold the series "Galaxy Railways", have good ties with Toei due to DragonBall and Gen's uncle (note that Toei owns the original Space Pirate Captain Harlock and Galaxy Express 999), and are obviously willing to shoulder a long series.

I think Yamato is already licensed, but I'm not sure if it has a proper release or just some old hack-dub release...
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote
DBW wrote:

I think Yamato is already licensed, but I'm not sure if it has a proper release or just some old hack-dub release...

It is the hack job dub releace still.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:06 am Reply with quote
Okay I know I'm "reviving" this thread but I gotta ask...

What happend to the sequel?? There hasn't been any news and the supposed official sequel website still hasn't been updated lol. It still says " 2005/9/16 Fri Open!" "Coming Soon"

http://www.gintetsu.com/cs/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1