Forum - View topic
NEWS: New I''S OAV




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3865
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
This was unexpected. I guess this will be a continuation of the first OVA. There seems to be a pattern these days where they'll work on a new installment of a show a good amount of years apart.

But this is good. But personally I would have prefered them doing a 'Shadow Lady' anime. I'm surprised they never touched on that title.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jay saenz



Joined: 10 Dec 2003
Posts: 81
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully its gonna be better than the past OAVs.
I loved the manga, but the OAVs were really bad.
Why they don´t consider making a full tv anime season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RadicaLElly



Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 188
Location: Coral Springs, FL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Hopefully its gonna be better than the past OAVs.
I loved the manga, but the OAVs were really bad.
Why they don´t consider making a full tv anime season?


OAVs? Plural? There's only been one. You sure you got the right show?

Still a full TV anime isn't a bad idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3865
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quote
RadicaLElly wrote:
Quote:
Hopefully its gonna be better than the past OAVs.
I loved the manga, but the OAVs were really bad.
Why they don´t consider making a full tv anime season?


OAVs? Plural? There's only been one. You sure you got the right show?

Still a full TV anime isn't a bad idea.


The first OVA series consisted of 2 episodes. Basically released at different times. That counts as OVAs. This is how it's done with all OVAs in Japan. When it was released here it was compiled into 1 whole DVD containing 2 episodes. The new OVAs will be 6, meaning possibly 6 individual DVDs released at different times during the coming months.

As to a TV series that might not have been a bad idea. Conisidering how many shows have been redone over and over, it's a wonder they haven't touched this show. But hey, if this OVA does well, maybe they'll consider it. Or they may consider it when they realize that they haven't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cat_clan



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 63
Location: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:35 pm Reply with quote
According to this Liverpool webpage the new I's OVAs are planned to be released monthly starting december 2005 with installment 1. Also it mentions that this time the OVAs are going to follow the original story of the Manga, and that all the cast and staff is going to be changed.

The announced that Direction and Storyboarding is going to be in charge of Kanbe Mamoru, Scenario in charge of Tetsuya Oishi and Character design in charge of Rin-Sin (Rin Shin or Rinshin here).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Torankusu



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Location: New york

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
cat_clan wrote:
According to this Liverpool webpage the new I's OVAs are planned to be released monthly starting december 2005 with installment 1. Also it mentions that this time the OVAs are going to follow the original story of the Manga, and that all the cast and staff is going to be changed.

The announced that Direction and Storyboarding is going to be in charge of Kanbe Mamoru, Scenario in charge of Tetsuya Oishi and Character design in charge of Rin-Sin (Rin Shin or Rinshin here).


Hi,

Well im a huge fan of katsura's work and i loved I''s the manga, it's perfect as his others works but talking about the OAV of I''s, it wasn't that bad at all just a new twist to it. thus, if this new OAV will be based on the manga, it'll be a hit also considering a TV series, i'd die if they come up with that. In overall Katsura is a genius and the new I''s OAV should be an ultra hit if they are based on the manga.

Bye-bye.


Last edited by Torankusu on Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 22 Feb 2004
Posts: 740
Location: San Francisco, California

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
New cast? o_o That's a bit weird, but oh well. I wasn't very attached to the old cast, anyway. But it's good to hear there will be more animated I''s, because that was a fun manga (aside from how much it dragged near the end Anime cry) and the last OAV wasn't really all that great. =/ You could only appreciate it if you were familiar with the manga, and even then it wasn't completely worth it to see the series animated. I hope this new series will be better. ^^; Sounds like it may be. Very Happy


Chrno2 wrote:
The first OVA series consisted of 2 episodes. Basically released at different times. That counts as OVAs. This is how it's done with all OVAs in Japan. When it was released here it was compiled into 1 whole DVD containing 2 episodes.


o_O What are you talking about? ALL OAV series have the episodes released separately, but that doesn't make them plural "OAVs". It makes it one OAV series consisting of a number of episodes. And "when it was released here"? It HASN'T been released here! It's still only available in Japan. Rolling Eyes So there is only one I''s OAV so far, with two episodes, but with a new one coming you can refer to them as the "OAVs". :p
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ZODDGUTS



Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Posts: 422

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
jay saenz wrote:
Hopefully its gonna be better than the past OAVs.
I loved the manga, but the OAVs were really bad.
Why they don´t consider making a full tv anime season?


Yeah the OVA's weren't that good and the art may have been good but the the animation was bad it wasn't fluid. I would prefer if they just would make a TV series or heck a live action TV version I's is a good type of manga that would work as a live action TV series.

Since this OAV series is following the manga does it mean that a bunch of OAV's because they plan to animated the entire manga? Which is what Hellsing is also doing right?

Edit: Okay I just went to Masakazu Katsura website and he states that I'll be only 6 volumes and that it's not possible to incoporate all of the stories but being reconstructed well.

Hopefully it does turn out well. Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrno2



Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 3865
Location: USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
The first OVA series consisted of 2 episodes. Basically released at different times. That counts as OVAs. This is how it's done with all OVAs in Japan. When it was released here it was compiled into 1 whole DVD containing 2 episodes.


o_O What are you talking about? ALL OAV series have the episodes released separately, but that doesn't make them plural "OAVs". It makes it one OAV series consisting of a number of episodes. And "when it was released here"? It HASN'T been released here! It's still only available in Japan. Rolling Eyes So there is only one I''s OAV so far, with two episodes, but with a new one coming you can refer to them as the "OAVs". :p


While I already knew that concerning the OVAs, I was only commenting on what some don't know. But thanks for explaining what I didn't. Of course I didn't realize that the 'I's series wasn't released here. I figured it had. But I guess I was thinking of about 'Video Girl I'. Don't ask me how I figured that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jay saenz



Joined: 10 Dec 2003
Posts: 81
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:47 am Reply with quote
Sorry about that gramatical mistake about the past two episode OVA series (hopefully i m right this time). In spanish we talk about the two episodes as " LAS OVAS", plural, i didn´t realized it was wrong. (Plus my english is not so good)
Thanks for the correction.

I don´t have high expectations on this new OVA series... the manga is so cool, they should adapt it to a live action "dorama" or a tv anime series.

Wasn´t I´S popular enough in Japan to do that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torankusu



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Posts: 2
Location: New york

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:36 pm Reply with quote
jay saenz wrote:
Sorry about that gramatical mistake about the past two episode OVA series (hopefully i m right this time). In spanish we talk about the two episodes as " LAS OVAS", plural, i didn´t realized it was wrong. (Plus my english is not so good)
Thanks for the correction.

I don´t have high expectations on this new OVA series... the manga is so cool, they should adapt it to a live action "dorama" or a tv anime series.

Wasn´t I´S popular enough in Japan to do that?


Well from now & on call it as OAV. Y en español como OVA, no OVAs ok. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yue.san



Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:14 am Reply with quote
While the manga was excellent, the first OVA was gowd-awful. Animation was terrible, voices were annoying to the point they reminded me of an english dub Evil or Very Mad Or, y'know VIS' acquard and fumbled translation [read: Fan-Scanlation or bust]

To be honest, unless they put some real effort into this one, I'm just going to avoid it. As much as I'd love to see more of it, the lack-luster quality of the first one didn't exactly pique my interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group