• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation August 2013 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Count

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Calibrator wrote:
How much you wanna bet Funi is gonna screw up Black Lagoon's release with a "limited edition" that has a chipboard box too small to fit the first two seasons?

How much you wanna bet you'll continue to sound like a whiny bitch in every single one of your posts?
Laughing Damn Blood- but yeah someone is making why too much of a fuss over this. My guess is that it will be like the Black Butler LE in which the fat season 1 and normal size season 2 cases will fit right in the box.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Calibrator wrote:
publicenemy333 wrote:
^^It doesnt say they're releasing it limited edition, so chances are, no they wont have a chipboard box. Not unless they announce later as a gift with purchase or something.

Rofl, which in and of itself is a screw-up considering the shoddy, oversize slipcase they designed for the first two-seasons.

Actually, that's pretty inspired for them. With the slipcase, it's DVD size and without it, it's BD size. For some people, it's all about appearances, for others, it's a misstep, a failure in the path to figuring out what most people want in their packaging format. {It's still better than some companies who sell DVD/BD combos and BD/DVD combos}.

Planning ahead for all upcoming OVAs, movies and any additional season with multirelease chipboxes? Yeah, HLP showed how shortsighted doing that was...
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Calibrator, you ARE PrecisionCrab, aren't you!!! Surprised

I figured it was you, but now I know it for sure!! Only he would raise such a stink over an artbox. Laughing

And I'm gonna say right now the same thing I said back then: You are getting bent out of shape over a piece of cardboard.

Seriously. There are many, MANY worse things in this world to get angry about. Rolling Eyes
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Calibrator, you ARE PrecisionCrab, aren't you!!! Surprised

He sure is, and John Casey too. And after yet another wonderful display of his lack of civility he will likely meet the same fate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GDFan

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
24 dollars for 125 minutes of previously unreleased material, bd and dvd, with dub continuity. I don't understand why more of us aren't compaining. Rolling Eyes They could stick these disks in a cow patty and still be giving us more for our dollar than anyone else.

There's not going to be an artbox for Roberta's Blood Trail. The TV series went straight to their Anime Classics line. Why would they give the OVA an LE treatment?

Edit: Sometimes proper grammar and spelling eludes me.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Oh hell yeah! Looks a busy Funi month for me.

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail
Future Diary Part 1
Highschool DxD Season 1

....are all on radar. I might also give Eureka 7: Astral Ocean a pity buy for pure completion's sake since I have the first series already, but that would only be when the series comes out in a complete set. For those expecting greatness out of E7:AO....I'll warn you now that you will most likely be disappointed.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Guilty Crown, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 250 minutes - $89.98 - 8/27/13
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-11.

This limited edition includes two 108-page full-color artbooks containing concept art, character designs, creator notes, and other exclusive illustrations.

Special Features: Commentary for Episodes 2 & 4, Guilty Crown 4-Panel Theater, Into the Void: The Creative Vision, Episode Previews, Textless Opening Songs, Textless Ending Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Preordered Haganai for its quirky cringe comedy and High School D x D for some reason. Ok, probably two reasons: 1 It's getting a second season and 2 The chess theme {and comedy} was pretty decent.

I'm waiting on Black Lagoon because ... I forgot to put it in the cart? Don't know what happened there. I'll get Future Diary eventually, maybe even when I see who's who in the dub. The rest is meh.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote

WTK

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote

via RACS
Quote:
Funimation Announces DragonBall Z 'Rock the Dragon' Edition for August

Funimation just sent over a note to let us know they are adding a new special edition release of the original broadcast version of DragonBall Z to the schedule:

DragonBall Z Rock the Dragon Collector's Edition DVD Boxed Set

The box will street on August 20th. MSRP will be $99.98

Release highlights:
• Contains Eps #1-53 + 3 Movies (Dead Zone, the Worlds Strongest, and Tree of Might) on 9 DVD's.
• Each Collector's Edition comes in a hardbound, full color 48 page book; which showcases the characters, history, and tropes that helped elevate Dragon Ball Z to the pop culture phenomenon it is today
• Never before released in a DVD collection - this is deep in the Funimation vault!
• This release includes the original opening theme song "Rock The Dragon"
• The original Canadian voice cast can only be found on this release

Up @ TRSI as well...

Dragon Ball Z: Rock the Dragon DVD Box Set Collector's Edition
Quote:
This collector's edition features the original Canadian voice cast and opening theme song, "Rock the Dragon"!

Contains episodes 1-53 plus movies 1-3 (Dead Zone, The World's Strongest, and Tree of Might) and a hardbound, full-color 48-page book which showcases the characters, history, and tropes that helped elevate Dragon Ball Z to the pop culture phenomenon it is today.

Spoken Languages: English.

Last edited by WTK on Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Good lord, how many different ways is Funi going to skin the Dragonball Z cat?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote
as long as it keeps making money.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Only in English? That's unusual for Funimation. But hey, ya still got lotsa other options from funimation to get dvds with the Japanese dub i suppose lol

EDIT: Oh, it's the canadian dub and domestic Broadcast version. That makes sense I guess, they never released that on DVD in the states I suppose. Goes back to what I said about nostalgia buyers lol

Last edited by publicenemy333 on Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
the only reason to get this is for the Canadian VA's, so it would be a waste of time to add the Japanese track
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote
^^lol yeah, I just figured it out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5