• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 24-Hour Podcast Raises US$31,500+ for Quake Charity

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ELDRAGON

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
saw most of it and it was great. Especially the last hour.
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
Kudos! Too bad I missed the whole damned thing -although I've made donations to relief efforts- as I was stuck in the lab over the weekend (stupid dental school *harumph*).

I know the event was live, but does anyone know if the charity podcast has been recorded to the interwebs anywhere? There were more than a handful of invitees that I would have liked to have seen.
Keiichi-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:30 am Reply with quote
CareyGrant wrote:
Kudos! Too bad I missed the whole damned thing -although I've made donations to relief efforts- as I was stuck in the lab over the weekend (stupid dental school *harumph*).

I know the event was live, but does anyone know if the charity podcast has been recorded to the interwebs anywhere? There were more than a handful of invitees that I would have liked to have seen.

i believe they mentioned attempting to record it, but there were technical difficulties, so it's unsure whether the entire thing got recorded or something along those lines..
FaytLein

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 am Reply with quote
I tried to watch the podcast on Saturday and after listening to 10 minutes of dialogue in 2 hours, I made my $100 donation and left. I could never listen to more than a minute at a time, and while they had a great guest lineup, work got in the way and I missed all of Sunday. Oh well, I'm happy they surpassed their goal though!
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 am Reply with quote
Glad to have been part of the effort. Multiple service outages in the middle of the recording thanks to Comcast kicked me off a few times, but it was interesting to see everything unfold in real-time thanks to Ustream. The text chat room was a bit chaotic, but now I know how many people are really, REALLY nostalgic for the One Piece rap now that they're not forced to have to listen to it.

CareyGrant wrote:

It's my understanding that nearly all of it was recorded successfully, and the recording will be posted within the next few weeks. It may be a bit longer though, as they're actually running another, less lengthy recording this Sunday. Here's the guest list they have lined up for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CareyGrant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Anime World Order wrote:
Glad to have been part of the effort. Multiple service outages in the middle of the recording thanks to Comcast kicked me off a few times, but it was interesting to see everything unfold in real-time thanks to Ustream. The text chat room was a bit chaotic, but now I know how many people are really, REALLY nostalgic for the One Piece rap now that they're not forced to have to listen to it.

CareyGrant wrote:

It's my understanding that nearly all of it was recorded successfully, and the recording will be posted within the next few weeks. It may be a bit longer though, as they're actually running another, less lengthy recording this Sunday. Here's the guest list they have lined up for that.

That is wonderful news. I knew about this Sunday's podcast, but was unsure about the others. Do you happen to know, perchance, where a fellow might find these podcasts when they are reposted?
Rahl99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Alucard (Crispin Freeman) telling that Japanese fairy tale...

Mind=Blown

Truly impressive accomplishment of charity. Hats off.
Excel Generations

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Hurray!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1