• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Service to Stream Tekkaman, Creamy Mami, Yatterman

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:42 am Reply with quote
So, we finally got information about this project. That's pretty cool. Also, really nice to see Yatterman 2008 on there.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The story follows Yuu, who gains magical abilities after encountering a spaceship. She uses her newly acquired powers to become a 17-year-old pop star and hopefully when the heart of her crush.

Moe crap killing the industry.
Sloggett

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:45 am Reply with quote
I hope we see the older Yatterman series. In fact I hope we see a lot form Tatsunoko Productions back catalogue. I've always been curious about "Time Bokan".
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:29 am Reply with quote
Sloggett wrote:
I hope we see the older Yatterman series. In fact I hope we see a lot form Tatsunoko Productions back catalogue. I've always been curious about "Time Bokan".

It's just an unfunny Wacky Races parody. To quote the message of the last Joshiraku episode, once is enough; just rewatch Redline.
Doctorhauser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Quote:
The story follows Yuu, who gains magical abilities after encountering a spaceship. She uses her newly acquired powers to become a 17-year-old pop star and hopefully when the heart of her crush.

This is sarcasm, right? Very Happy

Since, you know, this is a 1980s show from waay before the concept of "moe" was popularized, at least the way it's understood now.
It's as "moe" as "Pretty Cure" can get, since that's basically what "Creamy Mamy" was, a show for little girls (not for older male otakus) that just got more general attention that it was supposed to get, becoming a sort of cult classic.

So, yeah, I'll go out on a limb and believe it was sarcasm because of the moe/antimoe obsession of otakus as of lately. Right? Right? Razz
(Hey, if the over-the-top in-your-face fanservice like in, say, "High School of the dead" and the hundreds of harem shows didn't kill the industry, nothing else can).

As for the "Redline" thing... Methinks it's kinda like saying "skip that Jim Carrey comedy film, just go and watch The Matrix" XDDD. OK, this comparison is a bit more far-fetched, but seriously, aside from races, it's radically different styles.
Comparing "Yatterman" to "Redline" just makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, glad to hear about this project. It's really hard to get old anime.
Adamanto

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote
Sloggett wrote:

That's what I hoped this would be when I saw the title. The original Time Bokan series are much much better than the 2008 Yatterman redo.

(also, you got the plot wrong, in the remake the villains are hunting for the Skull Rings, not fragments of the Skull Stone)
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 am Reply with quote
Doctorhauser wrote:
As for the "Redline" thing... Methinks it's kinda like saying "skip that Jim Carrey comedy film, just go and watch The Matrix" XDDD. OK, this comparison is a bit more far-fetched, but seriously, aside from races, it's radically different styles.
Comparing "Yatterman" to "Redline" just makes no sense whatsoever.

No, I made that comparison because Time Bokan is horribly uninteresting as a comedy or as a race.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 am Reply with quote
Glad to see more information on Anime Sols. I'll gladly support older titles but I really want Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel. Very Happy
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:56 am Reply with quote
woooooooo! I can legally watch and support one of my favorite magical girl shows ever~

I can't wait for the site to launch!
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:59 am Reply with quote
This is really good news indeed. I would love a streaming site dedicated to older anime shows. If this works out I wonder if we'll see some releases on DVD or DL to own. Personally I'd prefer a tangible item. Great news indeed.
Mc-Taz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:33 am Reply with quote
I'm glad to see that this is finally ready to go. Just when I had mentioned it a few weeks ago, too! Now is just the wait until we see what the site is like, and how it will operate. Keep up the good work, Sam.
dragon695

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Quote:

Wow, c'mon man don't let it get to you. I think this is great, Japan continues to test the waters to see if crowdfunding is going to work in the long run.
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to have a chance to own some of these. My checkbook is ready for some punishment. Twisted Evil
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Quote:

Wow, c'mon man don't let it get to you. I think this is great, Japan continues to test the waters to see if crowdfunding is going to work in the long run.

I believe you missed the sarcasm.
menschmaschine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The magical girl series Magical Angel Creamy Mami aired from 1983 to 1984. The series is collected into 52 episodes and four OAVs. The story follows Yuu, who gains magical abilities after encountering a spaceship. She uses her newly acquired powers to become a 17-year-old pop star and hopefully when the heart of her crush. Studio Pierrot handled animation production for the series, which has not previously been available in North America

But Creamy Mami is on Crunchyroll. Just without subs.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/magical-angel-creamy-mami
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2