• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Unlimited World Red 3DS Game Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:49 pm Reply with quote
So much want!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
First moment I've felt like shouting "Take my money" in a while.
Perhaps I would like a console release of Unlimited World Red, but till the Wii U has some sort of bypass for the region lock, becomes region free or I finally buy a Japanese Wii U (haven't even bought one locally to start)... >_>

I've been waiting for the Unlimited or Gigant series to come back and I'm not waiting for Namco Bandai Europe to split to the game in two. On which note, "Red"? Are they going to pull a Pokemon and split the content?

Cheers for making it so I won't have to buy the PSP's One Piece Romance Dawn: Bōken no Yoake.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Man. I loved Unlimited Adventure. I really hope that this gets a Europe release at least, if not the slim chance of a download only release in the States. Smile
I still regret not buying the euro releases of Unlimited Cruise...
They have jumped in price, but the euro wii's price has dropped so much it's basically the same overall if you bought them together.

thelastgogeta wrote:

Cheers for making it so I won't have to buy the PSP's One Piece Romance Dawn: Bōken no Yoake.

You have a Japanese 3ds? I believe the US ones are region locked.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote
GordanHam wrote:

thelastgogeta wrote:

You have a Japanese 3ds? I believe the US ones are region locked.

Yep, I have a European 3DS and Japanese 3DS.
Prepared for nearly any 3DS game release as long as it isn't text/exposition heavy.

I'm sure you mentioned US 3DS systems as you made a guess that I have an American 3DS (most of this site are American users yeah - British), just in case.... All of the 3DS systems are region locked.

GordanHam wrote:
Man. I loved Unlimited Adventure. I really hope that this gets a Europe release at least, if not the slim chance of a download only release in the States. Smile
I still regret not buying the euro releases of Unlimited Cruise...
They have jumped in price, but the euro wii's price has dropped so much it's basically the same overall if you bought them together.

I recommend that anyone who wants to play import on the Wii, uses Bannerbomb on their Wii. Homebrew only takes an SD card and a few files. If you want to own Unlimited Cruise?

Import the Double Pack from Germany: http://www.amazon.de/One-Piece-Unlimited-Cruise-Double/dp/B003MDHO74

While most of Europe had to fight to the death to get a copy of Unlimited Cruise Episode 1 (Episode 2 was easy to find iirc relatively). Germany got a pack of both games, since the games are Multi-5 and depend on the console settings for language you should be fine. The booklet will be in German of course.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
thelastgogeta wrote:

I'm sure you mentioned US 3DS systems as you made a guess that I have an American 3DS (most of this site are American users yeah - British), just in case.... All of the 3DS systems are region locked.

Haha. Yeah. I thought it was all of them but just said US assuming you were from here.

thelastgogeta wrote:

Import the Double Pack from Germany: http://www.amazon.de/One-Piece-Unlimited-Cruise-Double/dp/B003MDHO74

While most of Europe had to fight to the death to get a copy of Unlimited Cruise Episode 1 (Episode 2 was easy to find iirc relatively). Germany got a pack of both games, since the games are Multi-5 and depend on the console settings for language you should be fine. The booklet will be in German of course.

WHAT. THANK. YOU.
It looks like it is actually cheaper to buy them serperately on the German Amazon though, doesn't it?
And is it still hard to get the UK releases? It seems like they have them available and at a decent price on the UK amazon.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I thought the information on how to play games regardless of the region was more useful than knowledge of the Double Pack but sure... Cheaper to get them separately from Germany!? That would be a surprise, but if so go for it. To be honest, I haven't recommended that link in years and was surprised that at a glance the game in stock with some used options and new options.

I've dabbled around by making up an American address, a number of the sellers aren't sending items there while they are fine with the UK, Mainland Europe and such of course.

On the UK Amazon, they aren't shipping Cruise 2 to the USA or at least the address I put together. I even tried the one going for £99 just in case... >_> Cruise 1? The cheapest new copy is pretty cheap at 23.49 (Wii games are at highest £40, like your $50 in the states) but only a UK option. In fact, none of the new or old Cruise 1 options ship to the States from Amazon UK and a few of them are shipping from Germany (reflecting how much stock they have probably). Same with Cruise 2.

It seems that aside from Ebay (or whoever there is selling European copies and sending internationally rather), you are stuck with Germany's Amazon. The Amazon.de (German) Double Pack at best costs 45 Euros plus 33.33 Euros shipping (EUR 78,33 total which is roughly $100 or £70). I imagine the shipping will be quite painful for your wallet if you bought them separately. Perhaps enough that even with them costing at minimum around 10 Euros Used or around 20 Euros New, it would save you a bit to go for the Double Pack. I've had a look on Ebay.com, a few missing from ebay.co.uk naturally but there are some decent ones there even factory sealed.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes, get them both over here in Europe, I'll even settle for a digital only release (If Capcom can digital only release Ace Attorney 5, then surly Namco can with the One Piece games too, right?).

Heck, I'm sure some gamers would appreciate the Unlimited Cruise games getting an eShop digital release too.... Anime hyper
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:55 pm Reply with quote
The Unlimited Cruise portings for 3DS were developed by Gambarion and they are good games, but I didn't hear good things about the OP games developed by Namco Bandai; are we sure this new game is developed by them and not by Gambarion again? The latter, even if third party, are making exclusives for Nintendo, lately (even not OP games, for example the recently released--in the USA--Pandora's Tower).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1