• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Unedited Vampire Bund in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
They couldn't release it uncut earlier for what reason? And don't tell me censorship, because that is a cop-out.

Because they thought the lolicon content of a few scenes in the show was more than what they thought they could legally get away with releasing without being sued. I guess they changed their mind on it.

Personally, I've seen the episode in question, uncut, and thought it was a little excessive and disturbing for my tastes. So I have to say I'm mostly just apathetic to this news I don't like censoring, yet I wouldn't have minded in this case, so I don't really care what form it's released in. While I liked the series, I can't say it's an immediate buy for me. I might pick it up at some point though.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Well...Vampire Bund is what it is. I just hope this means, now that they're through the stuff from Winter 2010 they'll move on to some of the noitaminA stuff from later that year.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
They couldn't release it uncut earlier for what reason? And don't tell me censorship, because that is a cop-out.

Because they thought the lolicon content of a few scenes in the show was more than what they thought they could legally get away with releasing without being sued. I guess they changed their mind on it.
And now because there is no reason for anyone to complain. They've met the needs of the [perceived] public outcry against the objectionable content because they initially released the edited version. If one doesn't like the more graphic content one simply can choose not to watch/buy it. It's all left to ones own moral conscience to buy the unedited version and you can't fault them for that because it's their own right to do so. Which is the version I'll be buying to support the company for releasing an unedited version.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness. Now, I'll be able to buy the unedited version when June comes around.

I was worried that I won't be buying one if it comes with edited version, but at least with good news, I can.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:07 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Now I just need to know what the heck comes with the LE. That way I know whether or not to start fretting over if I can get a copy before they run out.

With only a $5 price differential, I'm not expecting anything more than a box that doesn't melt in ambient humidity. Though maybe we will get a real premium, but since they have already done fridge magnets, how about a fancy ballpoint pen? (On second thought, all the pencil boards given out in years past makes this a much less sarcastic remark.)

The way it seems to be marketed now, soon the answer may only be "those 200 have a sticker that says they were among the first 200 sold," along with getting yours shipped out before the rest.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:51 am Reply with quote
thats great and all....... now how about the dub cast?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:03 am Reply with quote
bravetailor wrote:
I guess fans of flat-chested vampires can now get their wallets out. Confused Laughing

Lolicons, y'mean. You can say it. Laughing

Past wrote:
And now because there is no reason for anyone to complain. They've met the needs of the [perceived] public outcry against the objectionable content because they initially released the edited version. If one doesn't like the more graphic content one simply can choose not to watch/buy it. It's all left to ones own moral conscience to buy the unedited version and you can't fault them for that because it's their own right to do so. Which is the version I'll be buying to support the company for releasing an unedited version.

Nah, a lot of 'em can't afford it. Laughing

Rinkwolf wrote:
thats great and all....... now how about the dub cast?

They should hire a 12-yr-old girl. Y'know, to make it more authentic! Laughing
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
The only questionable content is a few little girl nipples in the second and maybe third episodes, whereas she suddenly stops getting naked after that point so the show is really inconsistent with it's content...

Wait, really? Geez, if that's the case, it sounds like it has as much loli nudity as Shuffle or the first season of Nanoha, which really wasn't much, thank god. If that's as far as the show goes, I may pick this up after all. Anyone care to confim/unconfirm this?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
With only a $5 price differential, I'm not expecting anything more than a box that doesn't melt in ambient humidity [...] soon the answer may only be "those 200 have a sticker that says they were among the first 200 sold,"

No. The art boxes Funimation has been releasing with their LEs have been real, premium chipboard boxes. They also all come with something more than a sticker on the box. We don't know how they're combo LEs are being packaged (DVD sized or BD sized), but we have no reason to assume they won't be the same sturdy material or come with a premium item.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
With only a $5 price differential, I'm not expecting anything more than a box that doesn't melt in ambient humidity. Though maybe we will get a real premium, but since they have already done fridge magnets, how about a fancy ballpoint pen? (On second thought, all the pencil boards given out in years past makes this a much less sarcastic remark.)

Funimation's LE's except one so far have come with some kind of special item along with the chipboard box. Sacred Blacksmith had a art booklet, Phantom had a bullet necklace, Regios came with a mini-flag. Black Butler has been the only release thus far without a special item included in the LE. If Bund comes with an item, I'm sure we'll hear more about it in the future.
ManuOtaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
Good news, this seems a good vampire show, not great but solid i will get it, now FUNI , wheres is my hellsing ultimate ovas (V;VI;VII)?, we need those too, remember that. Shocked
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:

Funimation's LE's except one so far have come with some kind of special item along with the chipboard box. Sacred Blacksmith had a art booklet, Phantom had a bullet necklace, Regios came with a mini-flag. Black Butler has been the only release thus far without a special item included in the LE. If Bund comes with an item, I'm sure we'll hear more about it in the future.

I do hope it comes with some type of extra. The box alone is really pretty and even if it was that what you get with the LE is just a art box, I would be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeCornerStore
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
Wow, what a blatant plug for RS. Come on ANN, you guys don't need to start editorializing paid advertising.

As it happens, RACS also has the Dance in the Vampire Bund Complete Collection DVD/BLURAY Combo Set (Eps #1-12) (Limited Edition) listed for pre-order with a June 14th date (as do a dozen other stores), and I can also confirm that the release will be uncut.

Yes, I do feel better now. Thank you for asking. Smile

Bob (aka Robert)
President
The Anime Corner Store

Follow RACS on Twitter or Facebook
or on the RACS Official Blog
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote
Laughing

Fight the powah, Rob!
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
I pre-ordered mine from RACS (the price was what made me do so). I can't wait to have it in my hands.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3