• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Release Unedited Vampire Bund in June

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
And now because there is no reason for anyone to complain. They've met the needs of the [perceived] public outcry against the objectionable content because they initially released the edited version.
It was more than merely a perceived outcry. A lot of people aren't aware of this but the advertisers for the streaming are the culprits behind the edited streams. Apparently quite a few of them don't want to be associated with nudity, especially loli nudity. (No I don't have a source but I've read numerous comments from official and unofficial sources as well as seen comments from sites using the same advertising that complained about the same problem.)

If there was a paid subscription service, with out advertisers, we could probably avoid problems like this.

Past wrote:
If one doesn't like the more graphic content one simply can choose not to watch/buy it. It's all left to ones own moral conscience to buy the unedited version and you can't fault them for that because it's their own right to do so. Which is the version I'll be buying to support the company for releasing an unedited version.
This part of your post is so good I could kiss you for it!

This is exactly the attitude I wish everyone had. I'm all in favor of being a "moral" person but everyone has the right to make their own judgement call about what that means. Let people make their own choices! Regulation and censorship, regardless of who does it, is just the imposition of the will of a an elite few over the many.

People take the issue of censorship way too lightly.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:01 pm Reply with quote
bravetailor wrote:
I guess fans of flat-chested vampires can now get their wallets out. :? :lol:

I wonder if said fans are going to buy this in a brick and mortar store or if they are going to buy it online. Considering I got some pretty interesting stares when I bought Genshiken DX, I imagine said vampire series will create a very awkward situation if bought in a real store.

But it's pretty awesome that Funimation releases unedited versions. They've done that with One Piece and Case Closed and that is why I support Funimation as much as I do. Nothing beats a unedited, uncensored and raw version of a show as the author intended it to be.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
People take the issue of censorship way too lightly.

So if something like this would be taking censorship too lightly, then what on earth would count as taking censorship too seriously? I mean that whole thread about the Vampire Bund article seemed ridiculously serious to me.

Last edited by Hypeathon on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Little slow on the uptake here! Laughing

Funi announced it would be uncut at a convention about 5 months ago. Rolling Eyes
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
That $69.98 MSRP is actually for the Limited Edition version. The Regular Edition is only $64.98. You may want to note there are two different releases with different prices.

All the more reason for me not to buy this. But as if I would spend my money on lolicon anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:50 pm Reply with quote
AnimeCornerStore wrote:
Wow, what a blatant plug for RS. Come on ANN, you guys don't need to start editorializing paid advertising.

This isn't a Right Stuff press release. As the article states, one "Chad Murphy" tipped the newsroom off to the fact that the show now had a release listed on Right Stuff. Unless you're claiming that Chad is an employee of TRSI..?

Quote:
I can also confirm that the release will be uncut.

Since it has already been confirmed with FUNimation themselves...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Past wrote:
If one doesn't like the more graphic content one simply can choose not to watch/buy it. It's all left to ones own moral conscience to buy the unedited version and you can't fault them for that because it's their own right to do so. Which is the version I'll be buying to support the company for releasing an unedited version.
This part of your post is so good I could kiss you for it!
Thank you, I appreciate the gesture of affection.
The_Q wrote:
Little slow on the uptake here!

Funi announced it would be uncut at a convention about 5 months ago.
Not really. Rumors of an uncut version arose ever since the initial release was stated as being edited. The article simply confirmed the actual release of the uncut version. The delay could be expected because they are essentially re-releasing a title that they've already invested in. So it has the added bonus of appealing to new buyers who were probably put off by the earlier release, due to censorship. It's a win-win situation.
JustMonika

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 4:45 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
All most 70 bucks for this ill wait tell the price comes down

The limited edition is like $300 now, lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3