• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach gets a go on Nintendo DS

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animedude35

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know how this compares with the PSP version of the Bleach game? Is it different or a port version of it?
Treeloot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Animedude35 wrote:
Does anyone know how this compares with the PSP version of the Bleach game? Is it different or a port version of it?

Different game. The PSP version was absolute garbage. 6 characters or so and 1 was a clone.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
There's also currently a GBA game.[/url]
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Well they got the manga and the games. Now all we need is the anime.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Well this is a nice result. If you go to the website below you can check out a few screenshots of the Bleach DS game in question. Looks really good and a one on one game with up to four people. Another good game for my DS list and a nice change from Jump Superstars.

Hey if you have to just get an import copy, but with Bleach most likely gonna end up on u.s tv anyways you might see it yet.

http://bleach.sega.jp/nds/index.html
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:23 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:

No, we don't have the games. They are not planned to be released here, as far as I know. But still, bring on this game (and the anime), because if Treasure is involved, there's a high chance that it will be a great game.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Onizuka666 wrote:

Hey if you have to just get an import copy, but with Bleach most likely gonna end up on u.s tv anyways you might see it yet.

Yes, you'll have to import it because it's not being released here. And who said anything about Bleach coming to TV? It's not even licensed.
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Well the manga is liscenced, and it is also a Jump title, so having the anime series bought over here would be a very likely guess.
Necros Antiquor wrote:
.Sy wrote:

No, we don't have the games. They are not planned to be released here, as far as I know.
Whoops, I read the thing wrong.
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Onizuka666 wrote:

Yes, you'll have to import it because it's not being released here. And who said anything about Bleach coming to TV? It's not even licensed.

I would be very surprised if Bleach the anime didn't make it to our shores. The game...maybe. Even the naruto games are still import only. Once they get a TV deal, publishers will be all over them for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sycomonkey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote
If Treasure is best known for Astro Boy, then I'm a pineapple

What about Radiant Freaking Silvergun?
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote
sycomonkey wrote:
If Treasure is best known for Astro Boy, then I'm a pineapple

What about Radiant Freaking Silvergun?

Astro boy is just one of their most recent titles. They've been around forever, and did some Yu-yu Hakusho and Dragon Drive games. As far as handheld gaming goes, they would be best known for Astro Boy and Gunstar Hero's....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Raoh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
Treeloot wrote:
Different game. The PSP version was absolute garbage. 6 characters or so and 1 was a clone.

Actually, the PSP version was quite fun. Five characters at the beginning, plus one unlockable. There are no clone charactes in the game.

I am starting to doubt Treeloot has even played the game. Of course, if you havn't played it, your opinion is automatically invalid.

I wish I hadn't sold my DS, I might of imported this game, too.

I did import Heat The Soul and it was fun, I will also be getting Heat The Soul 2 when that gets released.

I'm quite addicted to the mini-game Heat The Soul has, Block-On. Its almost as addicting as Lumines.

Almost. Very Happy
wolfcry
ANN Past Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I just got my PSP, so I wouldnt know, but it got some good reviews actually. But no, this IS a completly different game. SCE, developer of the PSP games has nothing to do with the new DS game.
chibigb2000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:34 am Reply with quote
Bleach, the anime, hasn't been licensed yet. It's on ep 44 in Japan right now, and the manga is on 149 (I think). I'm really liking the anime for Bleach! I haven't read any of the manga, though.
NeeKz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:09 am Reply with quote
This is great news! It looks like there will be handicap matches???
Like Ichigo vs. 3 other death gods??? If so the fights are going to be sooooo coooooooooollllllll!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2