• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime & Manga novels a success

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I hope Viz hears about this and translates the "True Tenchi Muyo" novels then. Wink

I want someone to translate them, but I don't trust Viz. After all, they still operate under the impression that Japanese titles have to be domesticated to sell, chosing to ignore the sucess of undomesticated titles like Fruits Basket, Negima!, xxxHOLiC, and other such titles.

I vote for Del Rey's manga division to get those novels. Cool

I'd also like to see the Full Metal Panic novels get brought over as well as the Scrapped Princess novels, again undomesticated. I haven't been as pleased with TokyoPop's domestication of Slayers novels (primarily the first novel since I know certain aspects were toned down to cater to younger audiences).
DriftRoot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the "success" of the VHD novels, I would like to see high long-term sales before crowing about how well the series is doing. The first novel was a must-have for a lot of VHD fans who wanted to get their hands on the books that started it all; whether fans continue to buy the books remains to be seen. I personally was not so enthralled by the first novel that I will be buying any more.
animalia555

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I want to see the Fushigi Yuugi gaiden novels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2