• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Honey & Clover - your opinions on it

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:10 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

I think I made my point, and Ohoni (albeit unwittingly) confirmed it.

If your point was that H&C features realistic characters then I never disagreed. I just didn't like one of them, because I don't like people in real life that behave like that guy. I don't know where your antagonism springs from on this.

Actually, my point (which you so elegantly avoided grasping) was that those who dislike particular characters in HachiKuro do so precisely because the characters are so lifelike, and because those particular characters portray an aspect of personality that they themselves either regret having, or envy in others. Since it is clear that the latter is true for you, you underscored my point quite nicely. Smile

As for antagonism, I find it amusing that you should once again project your own flaws onto others. You're the person with an emotional investment in hating Nomiya, not me. The antagonism involved, therefore, is entirely yours.

Ohoni wrote:
I reiterate, Nomiya is a dick.

And on that note of deep analysis and dispassionate critical judgement, I think I'll rest my case. If I were you, I'd not dig myself a deeper hole.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually, my point (which you so elegantly avoided grasping) was that those who dislike particular characters in HachiKuro do so precisely because the characters are so lifelike, and because those particular characters portray an aspect of personality that they themselves either regret having, or envy in others. Since it is clear that the latter is true for you, you underscored my point quite nicely. Smile

Ok, yes, quite.

Quote:
As for antagonism, I find it amusing that you should once again project your own flaws onto others. You're the person with an emotional investment in hating Nomiya, not me. The antagonism involved, therefore, is entirely yours.

I don't know, your posts seemed to be "picking on" me. Like somehow my dislike of a bit character had personally offended you.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

I don't know, your posts seemed to be "picking on" me. Like somehow my dislike of a bit character had personally offended you.

You are correct that I felt offended, but the offense was of a different sort than you think. You keep focussing on the characters, as if this is a fight about for-or-against one character or another. To me, that attitude is offensive, because it reduces what could have been a deep debate about the characters' virtues and flaws to immature "Pick your favourite" posts.

Ooh, ooh, better get this off my chest: my favourite is Takemoto. Yup. Or Mayama. Or Ayu. Or Hagu. Or Shuu. Or Nomiya. Or Morita. Or...

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
I was wondering after this takemoto focus arc will the series end or will it continure? Right now it seems like its gonna end at 24 or 26 episodes which would be an appropriate number of episodes for this series but I'm still wondering if it'll be longer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kyoshiro Mibu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I really like it so far. I only recently saw the first episode and I laughed constantly, it's very funny stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Kyoshiro Mibu wrote:
I really like it so far. I only recently saw the first episode and I laughed constantly, it's very funny stuff.

Ahh I bet you were laughing your hardest during the spoiler["NO MORE!"] scene where spoiler[Morita is awakened by the prospect of repeating another year at college even though he does end up repeating a year later on in the series]. That part is what got me hooked onto this series. Other parts in the series that were just as hilarious were when:

spoiler[morita is crying along with hagu and the other girl because they don't have sexy legs in episode 4 during the christmas party].

Also the episode when spoiler[Its takemoto's birthday and morita and takemoto start playing twister].

And you can't forget the episode where spoiler[morita does his annual performance at the festival.]

But then theres also the episode when spoiler[takemoto and co discover what morita was actually doing in america and then discover he is in the bed right next to takemoto].

Also when spoiler[morita graduates but then comes back in that stupid uniform and pretends to be someone else].

If I forgot any other hilarious or memorable scenes please add them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:39 pm Reply with quote
From what I've read about this series, I am awaiting it's Region 1 release with great interest. The story and characters sound right up my alley. As someone who has struggled most of my life with appearing 5-10 years younger than my age (everyone tells me I'll be grateful once I hit my 50's, but it's not so fun when you're looking for work and promotions and boys/men your own age won't even think about dating you because they'd feel too uncomfortable) I'm especially intrigued about Hagu.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
I'm especially intrigued about Hagu.

Ok here are somethings about Hagu:

She has an overprotective uncle.
She is often compared to a hamster named Hamu ironically later on in the series.
She is also referred to as a Korobokur.
She is very short thus going into the lolicon thingy (I think).
She may not look it but at the beginning of the series her age is 18.
She has a very dull expression in the beginning.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

You are correct that I felt offended, but the offense was of a different sort than you think. You keep focussing on the characters, as if this is a fight about for-or-against one character or another. To me, that attitude is offensive, because it reduces what could have been a deep debate about the characters' virtues and flaws to immature "Pick your favourite" posts.

Ooookay. . .

Quote:
She is also referred to as a Korobokur.

Yeah, like Horo Horo's mainspirit in Shaman King, Kororo. That part was hillarious.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
I was wondering after this takemoto focus arc will the series end or will it continure? Right now it seems like its gonna end at 24 or 26 episodes which would be an appropriate number of episodes for this series but I'm still wondering if it'll be longer.

Again I will ask this question.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Who knows? I really don't see any reason for it to go more than 26 episodes. Hopefully they'll wrap everything uop and graduate everyone by then.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Who knows? I really don't see any reason for it to go more than 26 episodes. Hopefully they'll wrap everything uop and graduate everyone by then.

Yeah I guess but it would be funny if Morita tried going for another year and become a legendary 9th or if you consider that episode where spoiler[he came back and claimed to be a third year from another school] then he would be a legendary 10th grader.

Since Morita is an 8th grader graduate wouldn't he be older than Mayama by like 3 or 4 years. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.
Depression

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Since Morita is an 8th grader graduate wouldn't he be older than Mayama by like 3 or 4 years. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

Also consider how much older then Hagu he must be.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
depression wrote:
IchigoK90 wrote:

Also consider how much older then Hagu he must be.

And this is relevant... how? Are you going to insist that age difference has any importance in matters of love?

- abunai
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:09 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
And this is relevant... how? Are you going to insist that age difference has any importance in matters of love?

Just in time -- I just finished reading thirteen volumes of Asakiyumemishi. Now speaking of the love between Genji and Murasaki no Ue (AKA "Project Genji")....

(Wakes up from fantasy)

Ahem.

What I want to say was that ten or more years of age difference really means nothing between two individuals in love with each other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3