• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha USA to Publish Sailor Moon, Sailor V Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:
The press release isn't wrong, this amounts to the "crown jewel" of Kodansha USA's lineup as it stands. Thank goodness the licensing hell is over. Jason Thompson's recent column on Sailor Moon feels very timely now, does it not? It's great to see a landmark title such as this get the treatment it deserves.
Hmm, I wonder if it was an influence in anyway? It would be great to know that someone at Kodansha USA was reading our positive posts and said " Hey, looks like there could be a big enough demand for this , Let's do it!" But that would be just too coincidental. Wink

I don't care! I'm giving Jason credit for this!!!!!

I am sooooooooo very happy about this. I'm in tears! It seems like I have been waiting for this
F O R E V E R!!!!

And the fact that Codename: Sailor V is going to be released in the States as well! Shocked

My YEAR has been made.

Kodashana...make my DECADE and release the entire anime series!

Last edited by LydiaDianne on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blindheart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I hope this means a proper DVD release of the entire series is not far behind. I don't know how much longer my bootleg VHS of Stars can hold out.
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Blindheart wrote:
I hope this means a proper DVD release of the entire series is not far behind.

Agreed! It's time for Sailor Moon to make a DVD (or even a Bluray?) comeback!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pluvia33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
It doesn't say whether it'll be getting a new translation. Just says there'll be "detailed translation notes."

Considering that Kodansha USA is rereleasing the first few volumes of Negima in an Omnibus with a new translation because of the errors Del Rey made, I highly doubt they'll be using the old translation for this series which is much much worse than what happened with Negima.

Anyway, I actually own the mentioned Japanese rerelease so I probably won't be picking up Kodansha USA's version of Sailor Moon. Considering the reaction here, I'm pretty sure they won't be missing my sales much, though.

But, since I don't have the Japanese release of Sailor V, I may go ahead and pick that up. Congratulations to all who wanted this. Anime smile
Zunely

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
-takes deep breath- YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to this immensely.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
You'll have to solicit Toei Animation for that one. But I will hazard a guess that if the manga re-release proves a big success, they might be teased into it. (waves his stack of readies in the air at Toei) Wink
kawaiirunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
yay! this is great news! Very Happy

....though I was hoping for omnibus editions.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! AND Sailor V??!! I am just... SUPER happy right now! Bring on the release dates! These will be day 1 preorders for me!

With us fans supporting the manga, maybe the anime WILL return! I sure hope so! And if the specials and Sailor Stars were licensed?? I could say goodbye to my fansubs! Actually, I think I'd double dip for the entire series!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote
OMG OMG OMG FINALLY!
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I just went back to SLOWLY reread the article: Based on the remastered editions? YESS!! The 2 extra volumes?? YES YESSS!!!
Supermutant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
::Picks jaw up from ground and does the happy dance:: Smile This one rumor that ended up being true that someone had rescued the manga license. Now if only Funimation could get the anime. Still this is really awesome . I have the original japanese (except volume 17) and all of the Minx/Tokypop volumes but I will buying the new remastered ones.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
GWOtaku wrote:
The press release isn't wrong, this amounts to the "crown jewel" of Kodansha USA's lineup as it stands. Thank goodness the licensing hell is over. Jason Thompson's recent column on Sailor Moon feels very timely now, does it not? It's great to see a landmark title such as this get the treatment it deserves.
Hmm, I wonder if it was an influence in anyway? It would be great to know that someone at Kodansha USA was reading our positive posts and said " Hey, looks like there could be a big enough demand for this , Let's do it!" But that would be just too coincidental. Wink

I doubt the column had anything to do with it, since it was just put up this week. It takes much longer than that to license a manga series.

Actually, during last summers con season I recall Ed Chavez from Vertical hinted over on Mania.com's Anime/Manga forums that another publisher (he didn't say who, of course) was working on bringing Sailor Moon over to the US. Many of us were hoping to hear an announcement at one of those cons, but I didn't hear any more about it afterwards. So they've probably been working on aquiring Sailor Moon for many months, maybe even a year now.

But it is possible that Jason knew about this already so he planned ahead and purposely wrote his column about Sailor Moon the week it was to be announced.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Sweet but it going to be anther wait I hope they at less make it omnibus
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Just an FYI...
Sailor V ran 3 volumes originally. It was re-issued as 2 volumes.

Awesome to finally see Sailor Moon's manga return, though. Now... where's the anime?!!

Last edited by adam_omega on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
deep breath

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10