• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANN, Kousuke Fujishima and Skuld

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I have to hand it the webmasters, editors, writers and general staff of the Anime News Network. If it wasn't for one of the members on my own forums at http://www.goddess-project.net I would have never found this out.

On a recent post, one of the members on my site discovered that the ANime News Network has a web server named after one of the more popular characters in Kousuke Fujishima's anime and manga series, Ah! My Goddess. Imagine my surprise when I typed in [ skuld.animenewsnetwork.com ].

You guys, the staff of the Anime News Network, have my object adoration and the humble appreciation of the staff of "The Goddess Project.net."

"Keiichi Morisato"
Admin and Maintainer of "The Goddess Project"
http://www.goddess-project.net
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
As a Dane, I ought to point out that Skuld was a Norn before she ever became a manga figure... but never mind.

I found this out myself quite recently when my ISP had some DNS trouble, and I decided to test the connection by tracert-ing animenewsnetwork.com. The result, of course, was to display:

Code:
tracert animenewsnetwork.com
{...}
 20   156 ms   153 ms   153 ms  skuld.AnimeNewsNetwork.Com [66.207.162.94]

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gauss

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I noticed the same some while ago when I was doing a Google search on AMG and one of the results pointed to skuld.animenewsnetwork.com

Didn't think much of it at the time, just smiled a bit. Always fun to come across unexpected references to shows you like.
Colonel Wolfe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:49 am Reply with quote
Yeah, you'd think that there would be more references ... like belldandy.animenewsnetwork.com or urd.animenewsnetwork.com ... ehehe.

While I don't have my own server it's rather quite amusing that I can make sub-sites dedicated to those characters as well ...

ANN has my admiration ...

SKULD-FANS Unite!!! Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1