• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Virtual Idol Hatsune Miku to Appear in Japan's Weekly Playboy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFollower

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Miku... Hatsune.... in playboy?

Will it be something like this?

Picture is somewhat NSFW.

I meant to mention this much earlier. The picture of Miku and the others in the lineup reminded me of "The Usual Suspects". With that sinister look on Miku, I can hear her talking like Verbal and saying "Hand me the carkeys, you stupid c***sucker." And then all three of them laughing at how stupid the whole situation is.
If Miku is gonna have that kind of look on her face, then maybe it's ok for her to be on the magazine.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quote
AnimeFollower wrote:
I can hear her talking like Verbal and saying "Hand me the carkeys, you stupid c***sucker." And then all three of them laughing at how stupid the whole situation is.

That is SO how I've pictured Miku since looking up the lyrics to World is Mine. Do guys in Japan just want to be treated like crap by something cute?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
What's this for?! We read them for the articles! Laughing

littlegreenwolf wrote:
Umm... I thought Miku was 16... is that the legal age to be posing in a nudie magazine? What with all these underaged fictional character laws being passed... Cool

Screw the age restrictions! Any girl should be legal! Smile

Hyperone wrote:
Personally seems an odd mix. When I think Vocaloid, playboy and sex are not on the list of what first comes to mind.

Funny.................................... that's the first thing on people's minds.............. Laughing
With a statement like that it's without a doubt the first thing on your mind, and one that makes me hope you don't live near my house.

Weekly Playboy is [not] the Playboy one see's shrink wrapped in our news agents and supermarkets, so I expect a few bikini, and sous-vêtements de dames pictures, but no pleine nudité frontale, and the idea of sexuallising a computer programme seems to me to immerse one's desires in the perverse, but I suppose it's the same with any drawn cute teenage looking female character. Rolling Eyes

littlegreenwolf wrote:
AnimeFollower wrote:
I can hear her talking like Verbal and saying "Hand me the carkeys, you stupid c***sucker." And then all three of them laughing at how stupid the whole situation is.

That is SO how I've pictured Miku since looking up the lyrics to World is Mine. Do guys in Japan just want to be treated like crap by something cute?
Actually "World is mine" is about Miku wanting to be noticed when she is being ignored. But to answer your question; yes it seems that the majority trend of Japanese young boys and men are to be considered as "herbivores" and young girls and women are considered "carnivores" by sociologists in Japan. meaning that the males seem to tolerate being "herded" by the females, and the females are enjoying every minute of it. It will probably be more like this Wink
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Racheldoublemm wrote:

I don't really think any subscriber was thinking to themselves, "This is great but when is Marge getting a spread?"
I get the point, but it was more of "Hey, this is something knew" rather than "Well, it's about time."

And like I said, the Internet pretty much covered the whole "Rule /34/" aspect long before Playboy thought it was a good idea to put Marge on the cover. An attempt on futility if there was ever one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3