• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll iOS App Lists Spring 2011 Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi!!! Laughing (One of the most romantic manga created ever). The anime is going to rock! (Considering it was done by the same producers as Junjou Romantica)

I really hope Crunchyroll gets it. Very Happy

Also, Deadman Wonderland sounds good too!

Last edited by AyumiHamasaki on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
this is not a complete list since none of the sequel series are listed (gintama, the world god only knows) and we know CR will stream them.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
It is probably safe to assume that whatever bug caused the leak is only affecting new titles, not updates to existing ones (since they often include sequels on the same page as the original series, e.g. Mitsudomoe and Hayate)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm with everydaygamer and Shiroi Hane on this, this might actually be an incomplete list. Assuming the list is true, I'll be watching about 5 of those series, I really hope the list is true.
alexcampos

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi???

What's that???

*Looks it up*

..Argh....My EYES!!! Shocked

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!!!
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 pm Reply with quote
There's also the good-old missing pages that CR has done in the past, which is right now hinting that Toriko, Ring ni Kakero 1, C (though since it's noitaminA FUNimation will likely get this), and Dororon Enma-kun might also be part of the Spring 2011 line-up. Also, apparently the premium members board has a message from CR that's promising a big Spring simulcast line-up.

All I'll say is that Blue Exorcist is definitely on my list of shows to watch and that if Toriko and Ring ni Kakero 1 are also going to be on the simulcast list then I'll be so happy, especially since Ring ni Kakero 1 would be getting some actual focus for once over here.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, from what I heard, Funi's contract with Noitamina is supposedly ending this season, so I don't think we should count on Funi getting it, unless they have renewed the contract. The Spring Anime 2011 thread on CR has great speculation done by llamaben and TheAncientOne - llamaben uses the missing thread technique- of what series have a chance of simulcasts. Since I'm not a CR premium user, I'm not sure what goes on in the member's board, but from what I've heard, it seems correct that CR will have a load of simulcasts this season. Or more than their usual seasons.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
well considering how large the spring lineup is compared to past seasons there is a good chance that CR's lineup will also be larger then usual. i wouldn't be surprised if they got more than 10 titles this season.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 pm Reply with quote
If this turns out to be true then there's at least 6 new shows there that I intend to watch this season (plus sequels). Sounds like another solid season for them.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi???

What's that???

*Looks it up*

Confused It`s a picture of a guy holding another guy in his arms, not Sexually Repressed Gary (now that`s an emotionally scarring comic).
Really impressed with Crunchyroll`s lineup. Looks I`ll be continuing my membership Very Happy
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Well...as usual, CR has really scraped the bottom of the barrel but they've also managed to pick up some good stuff. I might finally have to invest in a subscription this season. I'll definitely be watching Deadman Wonderland and maybe Blue Exorcist.

It's a shame they scooped one of the noitamina shows but for once it's not something I want to see. Maybe it's a sign they'll still get C though.
Cryssoberyl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This is excellent, about 4-5 shows I was planning to look into.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi???

What's that???

*Looks it up*

So two guys being together hurts your eyes? How closed minded, pathetic and sad.

Your public display of homophobia is annoying.
llamaben

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:19 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
It's a shame they scooped one of the noitamina shows but for once it's not something I want to see. Maybe it's a sign they'll still get C though.
It's definitely not a sign, as the Aniplex noitamainA title was on CR last season but the FCC noitaminA title wasn't.

However as pointed out previously in this thread, C does appear as page not found and it's also very possible that Funimation's contract with FCC has run out (as it's now been a year since it started).
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:06 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Well...as usual, CR has really scraped the bottom of the barrel but they've also managed to pick up some good stuff. I might finally have to invest in a subscription this season. I'll definitely be watching Deadman Wonderland and maybe Blue Exorcist.

I get fairly tired of the "bottom of the barrel" comments that I frequently see about CR. For CR, it is about quantity. They don't want to stream "just the good stuff," they want to stream it all. For instance, this season they have 9 of the 19 or so "new shows": Beelzebub. Cardfight Vanguard, Dragon Crisis, Gosick, Hourou Musuko, Kore wa Zombie desu ka?, Level E, Mitsudomoe II, and Rio Rainbow Gate. That is nearly half of the new content available from Japan. Outside of CR, there are what, about three simulcasts happening? (Fractale, Freezing, and Infinite Stratos) That is a huge chunck of the available material. In addition, I would consider three of them to be among the best shows of the season, and I'm sure there are many people who would say the same thing and pick different shows! From what I have read at the site, they are out there trying to get every title that comes out. If it is a show that has niche appeal or one that is a future classic, it doesn't matter to them. They try just as hard to get every title. I don't understand how people think that the "scrape the bottom of the barrel" when their acquisition method is more akin to a shotgun than a rapier.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3