• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Daily Cosplay:Deadman Wonderland's Shiro

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't see the picture at all.
kamidai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Two things.

1) while the photo link for the photographer still works, the image on the actual ANN page is broken. Fix please?

2) Please, people, please let this be a discussion of a female cosplayer that doesn't hinge 100% on whether or not you think she's sexy or other things like that. Her costume is, as best as I can remember from Deadman Wonderland, really good... it kind of sucks seeing all the cosplayers nitpicked for their faces or weights or god knows what else when nobody mentions the hard work that goes into their costumes. From a cosplayer's perspective, this hobby is NOT a beauty pageant, and it's rather disheartening to see that the entire internet pretty much considers it to be.
jtiskool305

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this really is the most anticipated anime of spring, huh. lol
I've never actually remember seeing anybody cosplaying a character from a manga without an anime adaptation out yet.

To view the picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/greyloch/5554402767/
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
this is great! the costume's amazing! *3*
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote
kamidai wrote:

2) Please, people, please let this be a discussion of a female cosplayer that doesn't hinge 100% on whether or not you think she's sexy or other things like that. Her costume is, as best as I can remember from Deadman Wonderland, really good... it kind of sucks seeing all the cosplayers nitpicked for their faces or weights or god knows what else when nobody mentions the hard work that goes into their costumes. From a cosplayer's perspective, this hobby is NOT a beauty pageant, and it's rather disheartening to see that the entire internet pretty much considers it to be.

Well, it can't be helped when anime and manga purposely fill themselves with beautiful people for such purposes. Laughing

Maybe if they more-than-once-in-awhile fill themselves with less-beautiful people in beautiful garbs, we'd focus more on the costumes.

Just sayin' it's a product of the medium.... Very Happy

(Personally, I agree with you, but that's the way it was intended.)
Toriko36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:49 am Reply with quote
That costume is great. How did she manage to get that detail on the actual bodysuit of the markings, it's amazing.

When cosplayers go into that much attention to detail, you can just see all the hardwork, dedicatio and admiration of the art. She has put alot of hours into making that costume and it surely shows, great job!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1