• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AOL Launches Anime Radio

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selenthiri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:58 am Reply with quote
You dont even need an aim acount, just go to the aolmusic page in the browser and click on it, and it launches. You can sign in if you want, but its not a requirement.

As for its compatibility, my boss has it running on a linux machine in his office, he seemed to have no troubles for it.

That said, the overal quality is pretty crappy, not up to their usual standard.

Edit: If you dont sign in, you get the crappy LQ version, but if you sign in you get the HQ stuff.
primelax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:35 am Reply with quote
[Oh hell no. Use the Edit button if you think of things after you post. Double-posting is bad, but octuple-posting just gets beyond irritating for everyone. -Nagi]
Annie_Jr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote
Enough with the posts primelax.

On the AOL anime radio note, I listened to it for a while, but I switched to the JPOP station and now I'm hooked, although I mostly hear PuffyAmiYumi, it's still a good station and Just Communication got me hooked to it.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Wow. Limited playlist, and doesn't work with Mac or Linux. I don't think so.

There is a beta version of a standalone player for the Mac.
But my iTunes playlist still beats it. Wink
ajm222

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:13 pm Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:
Meh. Winamp's got ton of anime radio, there's Live365 with several there, too.

Actually, I listened to it using Winamp. They do have about 10 other Japanese/anime stations that are typically better. There's at least one station you can make requests too.

I'm so glad my friend suggested getting Winamp last week. I've been listening to it on and off since then.

I was just listening to Radiio Nippon and a Ricky Martin song popped up out of nowhere. Confused It doesn't usually happen though. Wink
keiichi000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
and unlike so many other inet stations i haven't found any spyware when listening

Huh? Not counting the crappy Live365 and Corporate stations, I've almost never encountered a real Internet Radio station that installs spyware. What station were you listening to?

And BTW, I took a listen and the Anime Station seems like they just took a few OSTs, ripped all the MP3s and tossed them up there in random order. The Japanese Pop station sounds more like an Anime Radio station.. with a smaller playlist.

But I agree with most of the people, there is and has been MUCH better Anime and Japanese Pop radio out there. Plus the advertising has NOTHING to do with Anime [I would say that most Anime Fans could care less about Geico].

~k1
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2