• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fafner DVD 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flame-X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
"Story : B-"

you know... i have to disagree with that. i seen the entire series and the story is just outstanding. what makes this show strong is the character development but a big one is coming up around ep 16+. if i was the reviewer, i would review the entire series rather than just the dvd contents. my grades would be:
Overall (dub) : C
Overall (sub) : i dont know, i haven't watched dvd subs yet
Story : A+
Animation : A-
Art : A-
Music : A-
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Flame-X wrote:
if i was the reviewer, i would review the entire series rather than just the dvd contents.

Actually, if you were the reviewer here, you would be reviewing just the DVD contents. That's the general idea behind reviewing just one volume of the series; to review the content presented on that volume alone, possibly with some insight into that volume's relation to the series as a whole. The entire series is not at stake here, rather it's the three or four episodes that were placed on this disc. And if they were of a certain quality to warrant a mediocre score in a supposedly fantastic series (I personally disagree with that assessment, but then that's just me), odds are they were mediocre episodes to begin with anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
weirdofu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:16 am Reply with quote
Ironically, I think the first two volumes or the first 7 to 8 episodes of this series was seen as the weakest portion due to poor writing. It wasn't until after episode 8, after they got a better script writer, that the series really started coming together as a whole. I guess once Vol 3 hits the states we'll know for sure, but I've heard that the dialogue flows alot better and the series gains alot of coherency. Probably a great case study as to how writing can impact a series as a whole.
Sir_Brass

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:19 am Reply with quote
weirdofu wrote:
Ironically, I think the first two volumes or the first 7 to 8 episodes of this series was seen as the weakest portion due to poor writing. It wasn't until after episode 8, after they got a better script writer, that the series really started coming together as a whole. I guess once Vol 3 hits the states we'll know for sure, but I've heard that the dialogue flows alot better and the series gains alot of coherency. Probably a great case study as to how writing can impact a series as a whole.

Agreed. I'm certain we'll see a BIG change in reviewer opinion once he gets his hands on vol 3. The story takes an almost 180* shift in quality (all for the better) once they change to better script writer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1