• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kakurenbo on Adult Swim

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I may actually watch this thing now (since it's free.)
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:31 pm Reply with quote
why not haloween? it would have better effect.
bebop26

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Maybe because everyone might be going to parties and passing out, thus no energy for adult swim. Plus, its actually pretty cool. Anime movies have always premiered at midnight on Adult Swim Saturdays. (except for The Animatrix, but that was when Saturday's came back)
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Because AS' ratings are always higher on Sunday nights than on Mondays. May as well try to grab the biggest numbers possible.

I think this is the first time we've seen a CPM title on Cartoon Network. Hopefully this'll lead to a good working relationship (yeah, I just want to see Patlabor and Utena on Adult Swim. Don't pretend like you don't want to either Laughing )
InuyashaMilk1717

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Because Saturdays are for Anime, and Sundays are for the American shows.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
InuyashaMilk1717 wrote:
Because Saturdays are for Anime, and Sundays are for the American shows.

And yet, Halloween's on a Monday this year. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
v1cious wrote:

Because AS' ratings are always higher on Sunday nights than on Mondays. May as well try to grab the biggest numbers possible.

I think this is the first time we've seen a CPM title on Cartoon Network. Hopefully this'll lead to a good working relationship (yeah, I just want to see Patlabor and Utena on Adult Swim. Don't pretend like you don't want to either :lol: )

Patlabor was on Cartoon Network's Toonami back in the day, when it was still Weekday afternoon before even Gundam Wing.

Utena on AS would be sweet.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Hunter Sopko wrote:
Patlabor was on Cartoon Network's Toonami back in the day, when it was still Weekday afternoon before even Gundam Wing.

Um, what Toonami were YOU watching? They never ran Patlabor. Ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
They never ever ran patlabar on toonami. I've watched toonami since it first came out so I know they never showed it. The only thing I can think you're talking about is Robotech. Maybe you're confused.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Hunter Sopko wrote:

Nagisa wrote:
Um, what Toonami were YOU watching? They never ran Patlabor. Ever.

Actually, Patlabor once was associates with Toonami at one point, though not actually ON Toonami.

Way back in the day, when Toonami was huge and Adult Swim was only being dreamed of, Toonami created a web service called the Toonami Reactor, where you could watch streaming episodes of certain series online. These series included "DBZ", "Starblazers", and - yes - "Patlabor". However, "Patlabor" never actually aired on the TV version of Toonami.

As for "Patlabor" being on Adult Swim, it's a looooong shot at best because 1) the show is old and 2) I'm sure CPM never finished dubbing the series because it was such a poor seller for them.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I remember that now. They also ran one of the Lodoss War incarnations. However, it was never on "weekday afternoons" regardless.
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Oh yeah, I remember that now. They also ran one of the Lodoss War incarnations. However, it was never on "weekday afternoons" regardless.

Yeah. I just got confused because I have a vivid memory of Tom's voice saying Patlabor when I was watching back then. Must've just been a commercial for Reactor.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Hunter Sopko wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Yeah. I just got confused because I have a vivid memory of Tom's voice saying Patlabor when I was watching back then. Must've just been a commercial for Reactor.

Here's a link to the general Toonami section of Toonami Digital Arsenal. (The site doesn't allow direct linking.) Scroll down to Promos; promo #24 (if you bother to count each one) is called "Reactor - Longer Promo," and it's the one you're probably thinking of. Promo #27, "Reactor 2.0," aired before that one (it's in order of most recent to oldest), but it forgets to mention Patlabor.

Jeez...I really miss those days, with the original Absolution and Tom 2.0...why do any new promos Toonami puts out seem less cool, like they're missing the dark hipness of the original Toonami? (Er...not the original Moltar Toonami, but the original Toonami with Tom.) Wish they'd bring back that style...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1