• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Takes on Horror

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Is Old Boy the manga which inspired the Korean film?

Edit: According to http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/manga/editor.php, which I found through AOD, it is the Oldboy manga, as well as the Ju On manga based on the films.
The Golden Boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:12 pm Reply with quote
The Oldboy movie was good stuff. Wonder if the manga is as well.
RedComet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Edit: According to http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/manga/editor.php, which I found through AOD, it is the Oldboy manga, as well as the Ju On manga based on the films.

Heh I sent them that link of that article in an email. The only one that I know anything about is GITS and I wonder what the novels are about.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Nice...I never thought I'd see Oldboy licenced. Look forward to seeing how the manga holds up to the film.
As for DH's focus on horror, it isn't my favorite genre but with the talent like Hino and Umezu, I certainly won't complain.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
RedComet: The novels are probably just some unused scripts.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Oh, we know that the Juon manga is related to the films. Just not certain if it's "Video Side" or another Juon manga that we don't know about.

-t
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

The quote that got me was:
"You'll also get to read about a sword-bearing school girl, Saya, in Blood the Last Vampire, which sparked the hit Anime."

Is there more of the Blood manga out there? I belive it was Viz who publisehd Blood the Last Vampire 2002 by Benkyo Tamaoki. I really like that guy's stuff and I'm even interested in getting his H work now. Not sure if they're talking about more Blood manga by him, by someone else, or even a novel.

Though I'm also glad to hear about more Trigun, Hellsing, and Berserk. I'm hooked on all three of those damn series! I need the next volume as soon as I'm done with the current one. With Berserk I've turned to online translations and I'm tempted to do the same with the other two. Mind you, I certainly buy them as soon as they come out in the US too!

-Xenos
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:37 am Reply with quote
Oh and it also says "the 5 part series Crying Freeman, also by Koike, starting in 2006 and lasting through 2007!"

Wasn't that already released by Comics One? Though I'm not sure if they are still in business. They had some great older Seinen stuff, expecially by Koike. I know I picked up both crazy volumes Offered.

-Xenos
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1