• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Adds Angelic Layer, Tokyo Babylon Omnibuses

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:39 am Reply with quote
This news made my day. I was hoping Darkhorse would keep publishing CLAMP works, I have bought the ones published so far and I love them, especially the colour pages! So much is lost when those colours get converted into black and white.

Can't wait for Angelic Layer Smile

I hope they add Wish as well. I have the Tokyopop version and it suuuuuuucks big time -__-
cultnirvana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:56 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Babylon is my favourite manga, so I'll definitely be getting this, though the Tokyopop version was one of the best adaptions I've seen by the company (maybe that's not saying a great deal...).

Dark Horse released the first Cardcaptor Sakura omnibus, but there's been no sign of a second or of Rayearth at all. Are these definitely coming out?
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:39 am Reply with quote
Both Cardcaptor Sakura 2 and Rayearth are listed on their site. The release dates are set for next July. (I think the 27th and the 6th respectively but I'm not 100% sure)

Are the second seasons of both manga being published as well? I really hope they are.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:45 am Reply with quote
I only know and have seen the anime verisons of X and Card Captors and did not know of a first story that peceded X I am looking forward to finding out about it. Surprised
sepherest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote
cultnirvana wrote:
Tokyo Babylon is my favourite manga, so I'll definitely be getting this, though the Tokyopop version was one of the best adaptions I've seen by the company (maybe that's not saying a great deal...).

No, it is. Their version of Tokyo Babylon was surprisingly excellent. My high school had the entire series and I'd never see all the volumes at one time because everyone liked them so much. The colored pages included was enough for me to want to buy all of them.

I'm glad it got picked up again, though. I was planning to buy the Rayearth collection to check out the new translation but it still hasn't been released yet, just like another one I was planning on getting. A lot of manga have been getting pushed back lately.

At least I'll be able to get updated versions of the CLAMP series I actually like, the copies I have now are ancient.
Honey_Zero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am Reply with quote
Yay! Two more CLAMP omnibus to add to the list.
I have to get going on the ones out now (except Cardcaptor Sakura, because I have the old Tokyo Pop editions)
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 am Reply with quote
Angelic Layer for me definitely. I already have Tokyo Babylon. I wonder if they'll put Angelic Layer into 1 book or 2?
Redlinks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote
This news is just awesome! I can't wait to buy Angelic Layer and Tokyo Babylon!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote
I might pick these up. I have the first volume of Angelic Layer and the first two of Tokyo Babylon, but the other volumes seem to be a little bit more difficult to get at a good price and/or good quality. I'll wait until there's a definite release date before I make up my mind though.
neocloud9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote
What with Viz reissuing X/1999 in omnibuses, this has been a great week for CLAMP! Smile
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
What with Viz reissuing X/1999 in omnibuses, this has been a great week for CLAMP! Smile

Say what? O.O Do you have a link to that news?

edit: never mind, found it Razz

Last edited by Sakurazuka_Reika on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
cultnirvana wrote:

Dark Horse released the first Cardcaptor Sakura omnibus, but there's been no sign of a second or of Rayearth at all. Are these definitely coming out?

Well, even Tokyopop released Rayearth in an omnibus. But just vol. 1-3 aka Rayearth I. They didn't even bother with doing the second half for some reason. Mine is so lonely on the shelf.

You can preorder the Rayearh omnibus from Dark Horse here: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/16-763/Magic-Knight-Rayearth-Omnibus-Edition

Same for CCS2: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/17-208/Cardcaptor-Sakura-Omnibus-Book-2
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this "enhanced collected edition" of the FLCL manga will have some artwork or other features. If not, I'm probably better off keeping my Tokyopop volumes of this series.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:47 pm Reply with quote
This is great, I can finally finish Angelic Layer! Very Happy
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Funny. More former TokyoPop licenses getting picked up by other US publishers.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-07/dark-horse-adds-angelic-layer-tokyo-babylon-omnibuses

I remember Chobits being a HUUUUGE title for TokypPop. That. Love Hina. Cowboy Bebop. Those were like the launch titles from when they first started calling themselves TokyoPop. I even got floppy single issues comics of Love Hina and Bebop somewhere. Dark Horse really locked in CLAMP and their works. They usually are more seinen titles, which I consume like mana from heaven, but they sure were smart and locked in this shojo/josei mega-artist group . The only one I was really into was Clover. What a beautiful book. I got both the thin yet gorgeous Mixx / TokyoPop Chix Comics volumes as well as the recent Dark Horse omnibus re-release. (Yes, TokyoPop once labeled their Shojo "Chix Comics".) Actually, now that I think about it, I did pick up the TokyoPop Rayearth omnibus of the first three volumes in a clearance bin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2