• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Majestic Prince Episodes 1 - 6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Sorry but that review really was lousy. This is one of the most interesting and innovative series this season and it has everything going for it. The attempt of this reviewer to pan it was a sad example of a reviewer trying to sound cool and to bash an excellent series for their own ego. sorry but you got it all wrong.

The animation, art style and character design are all top quality and cutting Edge. They have used a new approach to it all and it works just fine thank you very much, indeed i rank this among the best of all mecha series including all of the lame and boring Gundam mega series, for this series, Majestic Priince, brings new and fresh qualities to this well known genre.

Each character is interesting and tho they may appear to be generalized and easy to predict they are really not. They have their human sides as well as their super human ones, and the underlying tension of the series is increasing each episode with a nice flair and great skill.

I am eager to see the next episode and interested to see where they take the story. It is not easy to re enter such a well known field and yet they did it here with great style and ability and i see great things ahead and am very glad we have a full set of episodes to look forward to.

Admins i would suggest you fire this reviewer and please find better and more able people to cover the best series of anime, for in this case it was very badly done. Please move aside and let people who really understand good anime cover series like this.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Character designs are not animation.

not character design but the art itself. it's an old school art style. People don't care about frame rate. the art makes people think this is an old anime. In term, people are not going to buy the bluray and dvd for an old school anime.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 am Reply with quote
^
Art is not animation.

And people do buy home video releases for old-school Anime. It happens all the time.
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I only watched the first episode and decided to stop, but for the opposite reason.

Had the show just stayed focused on the 5 kid being the worse at the academy and just have them barely passing every step, and like barely surviving battle, like someone mentioned a kind of reveres gundam parody, I would have loved the show. But then the second part came in and suddenly they were handed the best mech out there and the five of them won the battle >.>. Exact opposite of where I wanted this to go. With obvious foreshadowing of "there's more than meet the eyes there", it seemed like the big plot twist would either come out randomly or be telegraphed in the most obvious of manner.

Overall I feel like the target audience is like 12-14 years old and it's just not aimed at me. All three mech show disappointed me this season, gargantia the most, best 2 episode of any series I ever watched, one of the worse follow up to that. It just seems more and more like mech anime just don't want to produce show aimed at older audience.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote
The Walguru would have easily handed the fail five's asses to them on a silver platter had Rada not pussed out claiming he was weary of the hunt.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Overall I feel like the target audience is like 12-14 years old and it's just not aimed at me. All three mech show disappointed me this season, gargantia the most, best 2 episode of any series I ever watched, one of the worse follow up to that. It just seems more and more like mech anime just don't want to produce show aimed at older audience.

Strange that the manga is published in a seinen magazine...

Also, the later episodes do get a bit more "grown up" in terms of the emotional weight of the story line.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2