• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Summer 2013 - The List

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I mean the reason I think that is because I looked at the Summer chart.

Ill admit the last few seasons have been fine, but this Summer looks kind of bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
It looks jam-packed to me. There's almost too much choice of show to watch.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Ill admit the last few seasons have been fine, but this Summer looks kind of bad.

Summer is traditionally known for being shitty.This summer actually when compared to previous summers is actually better.here is a list of shows that I feel can be enjoyed by actual adults.
Silver Spoon its like Moyashimon expect that in 2nd volume they start questioning whether its okay to kill animals or not.Meaning its a bit better.
Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsuga to Keiji By the dude who did Fisth of North Star though i suspect it will have horrible animation.
Danganronpa Its like Battle Royal and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.Heard that it is really good.
It’s Not My Fault I’m Not Popular Its a lot like Welcome to the NHK.
Uchoten Kazoku It will be awesome.
Gatchaman Crowds Its Nakamura again and his awesomeness,also based on old anime.Apparently it is about communication through mobile devices,and social media.
Genshiken Nidaime It is like Genshiken.
This of course is just pretty shallow list,not to mention there are a couple good films that I left out like new Gits or Cyborg .
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
The only titles that seem different from the usual crap is Silver Spoon (Zzzzz...), Danganropa, and It's Not My Fault 4chan Found Me Arousing.

As for everything else, Japan have the same character designer for everything nowadays? And the same writer? These are cookie-cutter "Anime: The Anime" shows.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Then keep complaining, because that'll work. Or find another hobby to supplement your now free time, liberated from having to watch so many Chinese cartoons a week.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
The only titles that seem different from the usual crap is Silver Spoon (Zzzzz...), Danganropa, and It's Not My Fault 4chan Found Me Arousing.

As for everything else, Japan have the same character designer for everything nowadays? And the same writer? These are cookie-cutter "Anime: The Anime" shows.

Really you think Uchoten Kazoku based of an actual novel,written by one of the writers that wrote couple of episodes GitS SAC looks like just everything else?Look at the character designs dude,they look amazingly non typical.
Also Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsuga to Keiji anime written by the God himself Yasuhiro Imagawa,that looks a bit like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sa1Of7ApE78/UaQVjmKBxKI/AAAAAAAAQZQ/5OkA0FlcJBY/s1600/Gifuu-doudou-image.jpg is again just like every anime out there?Though really out of anything on list this anime has highest chance of sucking.
I dont even want comment on weirdness of Gatchaman Crowds.
Yeah everything looks the same.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

You have to be blind, literally blind, to not see the differences between each show's artistic style. Yes, they ARE there. Everyone's working off the same basic style but there's differences.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
You have to be blind, literally blind, to not see the differences between each show's artistic style. Yes, they ARE there. Everyone's working off the same basic style but there's differences.

And that's even a complaint, since common designs aesthetics were seen in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. It's like complaining about pantyshots only be prevalent in anime now. Those panties just happen to be more interesting instead of plain white cotton grannypanties.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Everyone's working off the same basic style but there's differences.

And that style is horrible.

Whatever happened to Toshihiro Kawamoto? Yoshikazu Yasuhiko? Where's Yoshiyuki Sadamoto? Can't we get Takeshi Koike to do something? Takahiro Kishida?

Anybody with a freaking distinct character aesthetic?! One that doesn't look like the same, soulless, cutsie garbage that panders to potential sex offenders?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Then keep complaining, because that'll work. Or find another hobby to supplement your now free time, liberated from having to watch so many Chinese cartoons a week.

But then what would penguintruth have to whine and bitch about continuously? For a guy who seems to crave variety he sure doesn't supply it. Same old tired bullshit every time: "waah, waah, Japan is giving me the shows I want, waah waah." Rolling Eyes
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
For a guy who seems to crave variety he sure doesn't supply it.

Yes, because it's entirely realistic to expect me to open up my own animation studio because I dislike the visuals in the latest crop of shows.

"Let's see YOU do better!" Totally relevant argument and not complete bullcrap to soothe your conscience over your bad taste and inability to debate.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well when your complaints are the same thing over and over, on top of actually being objectively wrong, well...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:16 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Blood- wrote:
For a guy who seems to crave variety he sure doesn't supply it.

Yes, because it's entirely realistic to expect me to open up my own animation studio because I dislike the visuals in the latest crop of shows.

"Let's see YOU do better!" Totally relevant argument and not complete bullcrap to soothe your conscience over your bad taste and inability to debate.

You missed my point - what a shocker. I meant you are tediously repetitive in your complaints. Trust me, I wouldn't want a boring drip like you within a thousand miles of any kind of creative enterprise.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
[quote="danilo07"]
Quote:

Summer is traditionally known for being shitty.This summer actually when compared to previous summers is actually better.here is a list of shows that I feel can be enjoyed by actual adults.

/quote]I don't doubt that there's anything good. it's just looking at the list of tv shows I don't see anything of interests to me personally. Yeah, maybe it's character designs and shallow stuff like that, but I also just don't see any sci-fi, action, and whatnot shows that I buy into. A lot school and girls stuff and I guess thats fine if you like that.

Yes, I looked at the list
http://i3.minus.com/ibzppF4KzcDr3n.jpg

And well few things stand out on a pure "look at the promo art" basis.

Even this Danganronpa, who's premise sounds good looks unappealing look wise. So maybe that and Genshikin.

But hey at least there was GITS and well episode one was pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
You missed my point - what a shocker. I meant you are tediously repetitive in your complaints. Trust me, I wouldn't want a boring drip like you within a thousand miles of any kind of creative enterprise.

I didn't think we were going for the Pulitzer here on a message board about Japanese cartoons. Perhaps I'll regale you all with merry ribaldry in my attempt to discredit yon horrific anime forgers, forsooth.

Or perhaps I'll simply point out you obviously haven't any actual counter arguments to my complaints and just jumped in to comment on me personally rather than what I was saying.

I'll probably only get the Caldecott for that one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10