• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Free! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Funny how I and everyone on my Twitter TL reacted to hearing Suzumura. He was first a random classmate that was talking to Makoto which made everyone go, "Suzu???? o_O" and then he also voiced Momotarou (who is ADORABLE btw). Anime hyper It was funny seeing everyone have the same reaction.

Yeah, I heard Suzumura as that classmate and I was all "he's too big of a voice actor just for this bit part" and sure enough...

Sousuke vs Haruka. Gauntlet = thrown. "I won't let you have Rin!" Laughing

The Gou scenes are great as always. They've been giving her quite the brother complex since the season started, haven't they? Or perhaps the superiority of his muscles surpass the ties of blood? Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Gou actually managed to spoiler[get a them to do a muscle competition, and I knew when we could not see her that she was a judge]. Laughing Also had a feeling that spoiler[Mikoshiba would hit on her], just for more reason for Rin to be annoyed.

Good episode, some of the inclusions of magic are making it really cool to watch too. Liked the bit of Rin spoiler[saying he would bite.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
The Gou scenes are great as always. They've been giving her quite the brother complex since the season started, haven't they?

Have they? I just see a girl who's happy to see her brother who is never around, doesn't live with her, and rarely communicates with her. If there were any bro-con elements, they either went right over my head, or just didn't register.

Mikoshiba really needs to work on his introduction. Smile
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote
It was always clear that she adores her brother and she's certainly happier now that Rin has cheered up. But going gaga over his muscles, even scoring them higher than anyone's might he crossing some sort of line...
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Bah, that's just nepotism. She's just proud of her brother and wants him to shine. Now when she starts oiling him up to achieve that, I'll concede your point. Wink

I hope the full music from the Sousuke/Haru confrontation is on the OST. Just 10 seconds of that and I want the whole song, if there is one. There must be.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
This show is like a summer vacation. I love how they sometimes tease us with the promise of fanservice, and then have it happen off camera, like spoiler[Makoto winning the muscle contest]. Things like that make this sweet show even sweeter. I'm too old to be fangirling over teenagers, and swimming has to be one of the most boring sports to my eyes, but this show just hits all the right buttons and manages to combine fanservice with sweetness, grace, and enough excitement to have me cheer and giggle. It's nice to feel that way. I'm happy it's back.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:27 am Reply with quote
Looking at the club assembly bit, I liken it to the shopping scene from the first season. At first the students are stunned and blushing and stuff, but as each guy comes out their reactions become more and more annoyed. I think that's the show being self aware enough to acknowledge that fanservice can get old after awhile. You need more than half naked guys showing off their bods to hold an audience's attention.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
Only halfway through the episode but OMG REI CHAN IS SO CUUUUUUUTE!!! Momotarou too. XDDDDDD

Maybe I'll come back later if I have something more coherent to say. (Probably not, LoL.)

EDIT: Okay, now that the episode is over, REI CHAN IS SO CUUUUUUUTE!! Oops, I said that already. XDDD

Rin is so much more likable this season.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Nitori lost Rin to his great disappointment..
That festival could be a good chance to get new members.
Some of them just weren't meant for running..
Still, a win is a win, but no new members..
Pool season is finally open!
Even if it is just those 4, it's still nice ^^
Rei is definitely the weakest link..
He just might get poached back to the track team.
Oh, so his secret was much more interesting.
Never would have thought he'd ask for help their rival.
Guess he really is serious about swimming..]
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Rei is my favorite character, so I was really happy to get an episode focusing on him. I loved spoiler[how he was working so hard to learn the other strokes], and also that spoiler[Rin was helping him.] And then at the end, when we get one of Haru's rare smiles, and Rei's smile in response...oh, my heart.

Of course, there were some good funny moments this episode, too. Makoto casually stopping Haru from getting into the pool without even turning around or stopping talking, everyone thinking spoiler[Rei is in love], most of everything Momotarou does...

I still have a bit of trouble thinking of Nitori as a second-year now, so it's weird for me to hear Momotarou refer to him as "senpai". That said, I hope we get to see those two interact with each other more in future episodes, it seems like that could be entertaining.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
No spoiler[swimming ? No problem. Rei is the superstar in the latest episode imo. I almost misunderstood him as well at first but it's all good at the end. That smile especially Cool Cool Cool]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Great episode. I especially loved the "my eyes are up here" moment.

The wind... Laughing
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Rin helping Rei with practice - another one of my wishes for S2 has come true!]

Another fun episode (i was a bit surprised that Sousuke spoiler[prefers bottom, though... Wink)!]
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:17 pm Reply with quote
That was almost too cute to take. Rin certainly has come a long way spoiler[from whiny brat to loyal friend]. And it was good to see Rei step into the spotlight, spoiler[his heroic sacrifice from the first season's finale demanded some payback].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Rei proved himself best character at the end of last season, and that continues on here.

I lost it when Haru was describing the wind like he does the water.

Just how sexually pent up is Momotarou if he gets turned on by spoiler[Rin's cleavage?] Laughing

I've been wondering something. Speaking as a straight male, the guys are all smoking hot, so why aren't they more popular? You'd think they could get at least a couple of girls to join for that, or have some show up just to watch them practise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 23 of 34