• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Free! (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Prior to this episode I still hadn't completely warmed up to Sousuke, but I think I like him more now. I was a bit worried that he might spoiler[try to use his request to make Rin stop seeing his Iwatobi friends], but thankfully he didn't.

It was actually kind of interesting to see exactly what each of the boys eats for lunch. Although, I'm sure we all already knew what Haru's was going to be...and Nagisa's isn't really a surprise, either. I knew the moment Gou offered to make food that she would put some sort of protein supplement in it, but I definitely wasn't expecting spoiler[those chocolate goo-filled onigiri...] Haru and Makoto's faces in that scene basically convey my feelings.

Loved the end card. I think it might be the best one yet this season. Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
I was a bit worried that he might spoiler[try to use his request to make Rin stop seeing his Iwatobi friends], but thankfully he didn't.

I was thinking the same thing.

Looks like next episode Nagisa is finally going to get some development. It's about time, as I feel he's always been the weakest of the guys in terms of character.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Sousuke x Rin] childhood days.
spoiler[Gou's food evaluation] was harsh, but necessary.
For athletes nutrition is essential.
spoiler[Mikoshiba] obviously has a spoiler[crush on Gou].
He was acting like a child around candy.
Guess spoiler[Rin & Sousuke] just needed to resolve their past issues.
Nice episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
What are they saying, lots of calories are necessary for swimmers! And pizza has all the food groups! Smile

The life lessons in this are like musical chairs. spoiler[Sousuke gets all of both I-only-swim-free Haru and teams-hold-you-back Rin's old hangups, while Rin takes on role of Haru and the Iwatobi gang as his savior.] Anyway, I really like the scenes with Rin and Sousuke. They feel very easy and comfortable together and really convey the sense of old friends. I also really like that Gou doesn't flip out when Momo is all up in her face.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't expected Sousuke wanting to spoiler[join the relay] so early in the season. I thought it would take more time, seeing Rin with his friends, getting jealous, stuff like that. But I like that they don't overdo it with the he's-going-to-drive-Rin-away-again thing. He seems like a decent enough guy. I also like that he doesn't seem broken in any way so far, like spoiler[Rin] was during the first season. I am looking forward to seeing Nagisa get some development next week (hopefully).
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
I am actually enjoying this season more than last. Probably because happy Rin beats angsty Rin by a wide margin. He is finally showing his true character potential.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

She spoiler[poisoned her food with protein powder]. Laughing That little bit between her and Rei did not sound that friendly.

Also, did Rin's nose sound blocked to anyone else at the end?
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
:< What are they going to do after Eternal Summer? I want more of Sousuke and Momo-kun! Crying or Very sad
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:57 am Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
:< What are they going to do after Eternal Summer? I want more of Sousuke and Momo-kun! Crying or Very sad

They go to London for their graduation trip of course. You heard it here first, there is going to be a movie.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
I hope Haruka will be able to keep up with his spoiler[schoolwork and no fall behind again. He is quite lucky to have friends on his team to support him of course Cool]

What an episode. The bromance was strong in episode 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
So after not really getting much development in the first season, Nagisa finally gets an episode of his own. And the episode...

Well, I've already admitted to getting teary-eyed at a scene once this season, so I suppose there's no reason for me not to admit that I felt the same way for pretty much this entire episode. Seeing how much they all care about Nagisa, and how much Nagisa cares about them in return, was just so...I guess I'll channel Rei here for a bit and say "beautiful". And also spoiler[Amakata-sensei. It may have been small, but I did like her part in this.]

And of course, I enjoyed actually learning a bit more about Nagisa himself. But even with the focus being on Nagisa, I must say that Mako-chan was quite cute in this episode. So not only does he scare easily, but spoiler[he's gullible, too.] Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Wtf was Nagisa doing?
I couldn't even imagine him camping LOL
Sousuke
Nagisa got more spotlight this time.
Haruka's career path survey was predictable ^^
Nagisa was way more imaginative about his future career.
It was very weird for him to run away from home.
Damn, his grades sunk & so did the hopes for staying in the club.
Well, at least they got some quality time together.
Rei was the one to snap him out of it.
That talk was exactly what Nagisa needed.
All is well that ends well.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Nagisa needed this a lot. Before other than his status as "the silly one" all we knew is that he has older sisters that used to dress him up.

And once again Rei steals the show.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
So is Haru's bath like the Marianas Trench in there or something? Seriously, how do you hide in a bathtub? Very Happy

One thing unresolved was Haru's aside about spoiler[still not knowing who came in earlier]. I wonder if they'll follow that up.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
One thing unresolved was Haru's aside about spoiler[still not knowing who came in earlier]. I wonder if they'll follow that up.

I think he meant spoiler[he didn't know it was Ama-chan who came in, hense why he didn't come out with it right away.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 34