• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
background options

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djvenom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
see how annw has not change it look in years i was think about how you can change the background up little like have a option set for if you want the background to be black or blue or whatever you want for it to be
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:22 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if this works for non subscribers, but go to the "My ANN" tab at the top, and there should be a menu option called "skins" in there. Click on it, and there should be a dropdown menu at the top with a whole host of themes to choose from.

PS: Please try and write in more comprehensible English next time. It took me a while to work out what you were saying. Punctuation and capital letters are your friends.

Teh Rules wrote:
These forums are English-language forums. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post. If you have a disability that impacts your writing ability (e.g., dyslexia), then please say so in your first post.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
^
I don't think the current skins are what he's after. And most are advertising skins or non-functional fan skins, instead of actual themes or whatever.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:39 am Reply with quote
The best you're going to get is this add-on: Color that site.

It can remove background images as well, but the more images, the slower the page loads.

The add-on will rewrite CSS/HTML with the choices selected. It's not the greatest tool I use, but it actually does a decent job. I wouldn't use it on background image heavy sites, though.

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for the beta site to go live, and get white all around (or ads, if the option to leave them is preferred).
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
djvenom wrote:
see how annw has not change it look in years

It is in the process of getting a makeover. Do you not get the "try the ANN 5.0 BETA" button at the top right?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
djvenom wrote:
see how annw has not change it look in years

It is in the process of getting a makeover. Do you not get the "try the ANN 5.0 BETA" button at the top right?

Subscribers only.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
..and apparently staff too, since my subscription expired a long time ago and money has been tight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1