• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More Naruto Games

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:05 pm Reply with quote
VOX wrote:
I have both of the PS2 games and I like them both. I keep hearing people say that they suck but honestly they're good games especially if you consider how bad Anime games tend to be. The main difference is that the PS2 Narutos play more like Smash Brothers while the Gamecube Narutos play more like Bloody Roar so the GC ones are more of a traditional fighter. I think that most people feel the PS2 ones aren't as good because the move sets aren't as deep as the GC ones, but I like them and you still need to strategize and learn counters and other moves like that. Even if it had nothing to do with Naruto, they'd still be pretty solid games.
I pretty much agree. I have Hero 2 for the PS2 and I really enjoy. While the fighting system is much like Smash Brothers, but with more of a challenge with the dodge system. I have yet to play to the GameCube verisons of the Naruto, so I can't see how the GameCube verison is any better or worse then PS 2. But from the looks of it, I'll have wait up to half a year to find out. But when people to say the Hero series suck, is pretty hard for me to understand, since I enjoy Hero 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
VOX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Nice to know I'm not the only one :]
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I looked up some stuff for the Hero series an it looks a lot of fun. It seems like a cross between PowerStone and Budokai in a way. By the way Ataru what is your avatar from? (my buddy got a cel of the character but we have no idea what it's from)
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
By the way Ataru what is your avatar from? (my buddy got a cel of the character but we have no idea what it's from)
Dang, a lot of people love this avatar. I just started to use him after watching Your Under Arrest TV for, like, the 5th or 6th time. He's Strikeman and makes a couple of apperances thoughout the show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
W-General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:36 am Reply with quote
Frankly, they shouldn't even bother with Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1. Some of the series greatest innovations were introduced in GnT 2 , especially the 4 player mode - this made the game 100x better, plus GnT1 has very low character selections...

(GnT3 felt more like an expansion to GnT 2 simply with more characters.)

Can't wait until GnT4 comes out in Japan next month. I'm so excited Very Happy
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:31 pm Reply with quote
The same people that are still better becasue Final Fantasy 5 wasn't released in the States till the PS verison. They could skip to 2, but why would they? That would make no sense.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
The same people that are still better becasue Final Fantasy 5 wasn't released in the States till the PS verison. They could skip to 2, but why would they? That would make no sense.

Yeah, if they skipped Gekitou Ninja Taisen 1, many people would be mad (including me Wink). And if they didn't release 1, they'd have a gap in their product line up, and as always, more games = more profit.
Shadow_Fox

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:45 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I own all 3 of the Japanese Naruto GC games and I think they're great. I can't wait to see them in English. I don't own any of the PS2 games but I heard that the GC games are superior to them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2